Home Forums General Discussion Dosage & Reiters Syndrome

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

bsliu17, I think Drew lives in your neck of the woods (west coast), so hope he sees this and replies. I think Drew also told us about his treating doctor and was able to add him to the referral list, so I’ll take a look and see if I can figure out which doc for you. Currently working on adding a research section for ReA, so if you stick around and check in occasionally, this new section should be launched in the next month or so. It’s pretty extensive as there are innumerable infections capable of producing ReA. Suggest diving into the archived posts by using the forum search engine, because there have been a number of ReA (young males mostly) who have posted on this topic and you might be able to glean a lot from these postings.

Welcome and hope you can get this sorted out swiftly, but worth bearing in mind that it’s a sloooow therapy with no overnight miracles for the most part.

PS Sorry, think it was forum user jm who had psoriatic arthritis and it was a doc in Oregon that I was recalling.

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Hi Bsliu,

I have not commented much on the forums for a while. The forums are great so is the book by Doctor Brown, which I read cover-to-cover. It’s wonderful to hear alternative treatments beyond what the “normal” Doctors and medical community insist to be the only way. There are many success stories here using the Doctor Brown protocol and other versions of this of the AP. If you take the treatment, as well as take some ibiprophen at higher dosages (as long as you are not allergic to these meds) most likely you will be cured in 3-4 months or even sooner. Most people with RA caused by bacteria like this cure quickly, so as you only have been since September, it is highly likely if you take the meds, and ensure not to be reinfected by the same or a new partner you will be cured.

For me the last time round it didn’t cure using the meds as quickly and I was on the protocol for 6months as well. Being from the natural health industry I experimented on many alternate cures beyond anti-biotics also read many books. I think one very life-changing book by Phil Escott https://www.amazon.com/ARTHRITIS-Psoriatic-Rheumatoid-Arthritis-Autoimmunity-ebook/dp/B01HRLWSRC “Arthritis The Best Thing That Happened To Me”. Many of the things he used to find a cure I also tried, and many others as well, with some working and some not-so-much. I am now most days not just 100% cured, but feeling often more like 200% as the disease forced me to change many things in my life and I feel like a brand-new me. It took many experiments and many difficulties to find the cure, but I am personally very thankful to the Universe for giving me this and thus the reason to search for change. It certainly was not one magic pill or even natural herb but a series of things, as well as things I am still daily working on. As this forum is largely about using the AP, and not all believe in natural or alternatives beyond this, I am happy to help you through PM if you need as to not clutter the forum with alternative treatments that not all hear may believe in. That being said, again if you take the meds for even 3months you most likely will be cured and not have to go through the “spiritual awakening” process that I had to find the cure. Good luck!

Reactive Arthritis, since June 2015.
    Current Meds: Been on Minocin 200mg daily since November 2016, now on M/W/F 200mg AP.

Supplements Daily: 2 caps Krill Oil, 20mg Astaxanthin, 10IU Vitamin D3, 1g NAC, 24mg of boron a day.

Alternative: Periodic use of home made collodial silver 150ml daily. TCM herbs to target infection, heat and inflammation. Acupuncture to relieve pressure and release heat. 2tbs of organic coconut oil. Oral form of essential oils frankincense and oregano. Topical form of e

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

I would say to possibly quicken the result with the meds (anti-biotics + ibuprofen) I would also add Vitamin D3 with an up to 10,000IU daily dosage, boron of at least 6grams and biotin of around 10mcg’s daily. There are many talks of others supplements, but I have tried all as well as deeply researched and these will be the best and you don’t have to waste money on others. With these + the meds you most likely will be cured in 2months, however, in the rare case you are not, then you can either stay on the meds and supplements for much longer as the AP and this forum will suggest and may see results later or possibly try some other ways – like Phil’s book I suggested posted above has many and I am happy through private message to also suggest some other tools that maybe helpful. Drew

Reactive Arthritis, since June 2015.
    Current Meds: Been on Minocin 200mg daily since November 2016, now on M/W/F 200mg AP.

Supplements Daily: 2 caps Krill Oil, 20mg Astaxanthin, 10IU Vitamin D3, 1g NAC, 24mg of boron a day.

Alternative: Periodic use of home made collodial silver 150ml daily. TCM herbs to target infection, heat and inflammation. Acupuncture to relieve pressure and release heat. 2tbs of organic coconut oil. Oral form of essential oils frankincense and oregano. Topical form of e

bsliu17
    Participant

Hi LifeAboutChange,

Thank you for your encouraging words and tips on what supplements to take, i’ll definitely add those to my list.

I don’t think I’ve mentioned in detail about my condition, I actually have chlamydia-induced ReA. Did you have that as well, or you had a different trigger infection that caused your ReA (i didnt catch it in your posts so far)? There are a few research papers (Dr John Carter) on a combination abx treatment but there are no long term studies on its success rate so far. It looks like Chlamydia-induced ReA is a very uncommon disease, and so far I haven’t found too many people on the internet that found a good treatment for it.

I do strongly believe in natural/alternative medicine, I’ll PM you separately about those. And I am so grateful to have found this forum and you guys, it is truly a blessing from God!!

Maz
    Keymaster

Here is one study using the antibiotic Lymecycline, a tetracycline derivative, bsliu17,

Antibiotic treatment and long term prognosis of reactive arthritis

Bear in mind that this study only used the abx for 3 months and combination abx were not administered to target the chlamydia cryptic or biofilm forms.

The CPn website outlines various longterm combination protocols:

Chlamydia Protocols

bsliu17
    Participant

Maz,

Thanks for your input! This is something that I haven’t discovered on the internet, I wonder how this plays out with Carter’s findings.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading on Cpnhelp.org, but it seems like CPN is different from CTR and that their treatment would differ too. Btw, do you know anyone who has taken combination abx of Rifampin and Az to deal with chlaymydia?

Maz
    Keymaster

Maz,

Thanks for your input! This is something that I haven’t discovered on the internet, I wonder how this plays out with Carter’s findings.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading on Cpnhelp.org, but it seems like CPN is different from CTR and that their treatment would differ too. Btw, do you know anyone who has taken combination abx of Rifampin and Az to deal with chlaymydia?

Well, the differences in Carter vs. CPn Protocols are akin to MIRA vs. Brown Antibiotic Protocols (AP) for RA. Clinical studies are run for pre-determined periods of time – 3,6,9,12 months,etc., depending on the parameters of the study (funding, purpose of study, population variables, etc). While clinical studies can provide some degree of legitimacy for a particular treatment in a defined population group and lend legitimacy to standards of care in clinical practice, the realities of clinical practice and what works on an individual basis between patients within the same population grouping can vary widely. The CPn Protocols (like Dr. Brown’s AP) are based on decades of anecdotal individual patient success in the clinical setting by the physician-researchers who have devised such protocols (Drs. Wheldon, Sriram, and Stratton) and titrating combination abx to patient tolerance for much longer periods, recognizing the limitations of pre-determined time frames of clinical studies, like the Carter study. In other words….clinical studies must reduce study variables to legitimize result findings, but the realities of clinical practice are that patients are not all the same. Some patients may not not be able to tolerate a particular antibiotic or combo protocol. The CPn Protocols therefore offer differing approaches to treatment based on what these docs have found worked for their patients and the variances in bug strains and their pleomorphisms (ability to shape-shift). So, there is some degree of choice for patients with ReA and other rheumatic manifestations of both C. pneumoniae and C. trachomatis.

Doctors prescribe the rifampin and azithromycin combo for Lyme and bartonella, as well as for the chlamydias. It’s pretty well tolerated in the longer term with adequate probiotic doses/strains, though rifampin can turn urine, saliva, sweat, etc., a bright tangerine orange. A number of posters on this forum have used this protocol – mostly for Lyme, but if you search for rifampin on the forum, you’ll find they are mostly Lyme patients.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.