Home Forums General Discussion Does anyone have before and after progress photos?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

I just think it’s odd that for the amount of SD people who have gotten well with AP, that I can’t really find even 1 single photo online of anyone documenting its progress. Why is that?

lemons
    Participant

@JustDiagnosedChris wrote:

I just think it’s odd that for the amount of SD people who have gotten well with AP, that I can’t really find even 1 single photo online of anyone documenting its progress. Why is that?

Probably because AP takes a long time to kick in and for some (not me) its their last option. I haven’t got SD I have inflammatory arthritis and when I began AP I didn’t really think it would work. I was so scared of methotrexate and the other horrors on the rheumatologists prescription pad that I thought I would take a gamble. It paid off and I am in remission within a year of AP. I would love it if this site had an option to upload pics. I think it would be beneficial to post visual progress. My hands, knees and ankles were so swollen last year and now they are back to normal. I took pics on my phone but I think it would be great to be able to document a photo diary on this site and it would be encouraging to others.

richie
    Participant

When my fingers were all curled and my skin was all tight –when my Raynauds was raging and I couldnt swallow -oh yes lets not forget reflux or pain -or fatigue or 40 lb weight loss -the last thing in the world I gave a sh–t about was taking pictures –I was more concerned about survival !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember no one has any guarantees it would have worked –I went up to Harvard based on a study where this doctor got 6 out of 11 people better –thats all!!!! THis is an illness where there is 60 % mortality within 10 years — Some where on this site I have a pic when I was all better and getting ready for fishing season —
    Richie

richie
    Participant

BY the way –what symptoms do you have ? that conclude evolution stage ?? whatever that is
    richie

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

richie
    Participant

Hi Thats more than Scleroderma evolving –that sounds like diffuse scleroderma –I am not a doctor but I have corresponded with many many scleroderma patients over the years –you might be interested to know that most scleroderma folks do not herx and have a higher tolerance of the minocycline —A good idea might be to talk to your doctor about taking 200 mg daily as that seems to be the dose that has been most beneficial to folks with scleroderma over the years —
    richie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.