Home Forums General Discussion Doctors in NYC using IV Vit C for Covid-19

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

We often talk about the benefits of IV Vitamin C around here for its ability to help rheumatics to flush out free radicals from inflammation. Now, it seems a critical care pulmonologist in NYC is using these IVs for COVID-19 patients.

New York hospitals are treating coronavirus patients with high dosages of VITAMIN C after promising results from China

bonnielou
    Keymaster

This is so interesting — and the dose is so low! I take 4 grams daily (not by IV of course) without Covid-19. Let’s hope this gets some attention.

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Bonnie,

I thought it really strange this is being reported in U.K. but not in any papers here?

I agree re: dosing – seems very low. I just listened to my LLMD giving a Facebook live talk with a naturopath who had commented on this article. He said he uses up to 25 grams in an IV over 50mins! Oral dosing needs to be spaced out, he said, as more than 2000mg at a time is just excreted by kidneys and is a waste and may cause diarrhea.

Interesting FB live if anyone wants to listen:

Autoimmunity and Covid-19

They also talked about glutathione nebulizers which some Scleroderma patients use for lung issues. It’s a mucolyric, so could very well help the lung issues caused by Covid-19 and pretty harmless anyway, if not. Many herbals were discussed that haven’t been studied but may have helpful effects with this virus.

Linda L
    Participant

One of the GPs here said that he protects himself taking 4 g of vitamin C Daily. Have you read Dr Rath’s open letter /Health Foundation/? He sent it three days ago.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

Would you kindly share the link to Dr. Rath’s recent newsletter?

Linda L
    Participant

dr-rath-foundation.org

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Linda L
    Participant

He has written that regular intake of NSAIDs and tetracyclines reduce vitamin C level in the body.

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.