Home Forums General Discussion Doctor in Venezuela Nominated for Nobel Prize of Medicine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mtgas
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I found out about this doctor through a woman my age who has had MS for 13 years. Before she went to see him & get treated by him (which was only 5 months ago), she was in a wheelchair. She is now working part time, taking classes to become a physician assistant and can walk short distances on her own although most of the time she uses a walker due to prior damage.

Based on my understanding of what she told me, this doctor feels that many conditions result from some sort of trauma, which could be emotional or physical, which in turn unbalances hormones, neurotransmitters, etc. He does numerous tests to determine the levels of neurotransmitters, hormones & metabolites and then treats you based on your condition and what you may be lacking in or producing too much of.

The thing that interests me is that most people whom I have spoken with who have an autoimmune condition got it after a period of some type of stress. For example, the woman with MS was diagnosed after her brother had gotten into a very serious car accident. My RA came about from one day to the next after a very stressful year at work.

Another interesting thing is how more woman get RA, for example, than men. Many women go into remission during pregnancy and then flare up after giving birth. All these things point to imbalances in hormones and/or chemicals, etc.

Take a look at his web site and credentials. I think this is something to look into!

http://www.lechin.com/index.html – About the doctor

http://www.lechin.com/reasframe.htm – Research Areas

Mumof3
    Participant

Thank you for posting this. My SD symptoms started a few months after I had a baby (my 3rd). It was also following a period of extreme stress. I really believe that the hormones and stress played a huge part in my illness. I would love to be able to travel to Venezuela to see this doctor.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Mum;
         There was a really good article in the Montreal Gazette this morning  talking about how hormones get svrewed up due to lack of good sleep.Research was done over a ten year period in Ottawa.They were particularly looking at overweight people,most of them dropped a lot of weight ina few months once they started to get at least 8 hours of sleep and this was done without changing diet at all.
                                                                   Lynne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Doctor in Venezuela Nominated for Nobel Prize of Medicine’ is closed to new replies.