Home Forums General Discussion Doctor and Naturopath Appointment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Manda
    Participant

I really should write this all down in the Personal History area some day, but for now I just wanted to let you all know how I am. 🙂

The Naturopath and Doctor's appointments were on Wednesday, took a plane into Melbourne and met my Mum there who drove me around. I'm so glad I went!!

It seems as though I've been bitten by something recently – and my health in some areas has gotten worse, but overall, I'm doing better than last month! I've been given a new antibiotic to take, and some drops from the naturopath, and an order to move out of my apartment. 😉 Well, it's not the most healthy of places to live – we have a mould issue from the people above us.. their shower use to leak (more than once in the past by the looks of things), and it caused big issues that the landlord doesn't seem interested in resolving. Time to go!!

So, that's what's going on with me. I've been told to limit my computer use to 2 hours per day, so I thought I'd use some of that to tell you all I'm ok! 🙂 I intend to walk more often, and try and get out of the apartment as often as possible until we move. My knees and hips are giving me a little pain, but since it doesn't hurt like it did only 3 weeks ago, I'm greatful for that, and will make the most of it. I'm expecting a new herx after the new antibiotic this week, too.

Manda.

PS: There was a dx of lyme this time. (I knew it!!) It's thought I got it from the US when I was there a few years back, but I'm not 100% convinced. Is there an issue with Lyme and Australia? I assuming most Doctors don't think we have it here. Oh well, at least I'm back on the right track again.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=38]Manda[/user] wrote:

PS: There was a dx of lyme this time. (I knew it!!) It's thought I got it from the US when I was there a few years back, but I'm not 100% convinced. Is there an issue with Lyme and Australia? I assuming most Doctors don't think we have it here. Oh well, at least I'm back on the right track again.

Hi Manda…can't think for the life of me where I read this, but it was within the last few weeks where I was reading about the distribution of Lyme on a world scale and Australia was mentioned….may have even been in one of the video clips I sent a few days ago (could have been Dr H's or Dr P's video clip at the Lyme conference where he talks about the different species of Lyme around the world).

I was lying in bed last night, reading at 2am…husband in Germany on biz. The top of my head was hurting and I felt through my hair with my fingers and found a bump. I'd only just washed my hair earlier in the day and hadn't noticed it then. Thinking it might be a mole or a boil or something of that ilk, I got up to get my tweezers to see if I could figure out what it was. 😯 Took hold of both sides, squeezed and pulled away…and, gosh, darnit…if it wasn't a bloomin' tick! :sick:

What is weird is that I hadn't been outside all day, except to bring in the bins from the end of the drive…hadn't walked through any grass, just down the front path and up the drive. So, unless it literally dropped out of a tree onto me, the only other way I might have got this tick is if one of the pets brought it in and was lying on the furniture or bed. Unbelievable! The little blighter was well-embedded in my scalp and I have kept the tick in a pill bottle for my doc, as I just can't tell if I got the head or not. 😕

Thank goodness I'm on antibiotics already this time!!!

So, is it possible you got it in the US when visiting? Yup…I'd have to agree that this is very possible! The motel we stayed at in Cape Cod a few years ago had this little trolley that the chamber maids were leaving outside while they went into each room to change the sheets each day…made me think that a tiny tick could easily be missed when they made the beds, if one got on the clean linen outside. Ugh… I'm a pretty calm person normally, but finding a tick embedded in one's scalp, legs all wiggling about just about made me faint…don't want to go through all that business again. Living in CT where ticks are really bad, almost like living in your moldy ceiling situation, can really give you the collywobbles when you know it can make you really sick.

Peace, Maz

Patti D
    Participant

Hi Mandy,

Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm a little achy today again and have been like this on & off for 2 weeks. I think this may be part of the protocol;)

Maz,

Did you rip the little bugger from ear to ear:angry:!!!!I would be interested to read if they do a test on the critter to see if it has lyme. Could you post the results. Also love that term”collywobbles”:cool:. I had them too reading your post.

I forgot to tell you. Boston Childrens had an article of a lyme study just completed. Very interesting. Stated that you could rid your children of lyme (77% success rate) if they were on antibiotics for 3 months and could include an additional month of IV antibiotics. Search medicalnewstoday.com. Go to arthrititis for all of the new studies. Article title,” a bit of reassurance for lyme disease”. There getting closer:roll-laugh:

Happy days!

Patti D

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D LD 5/07, RA 12/07[/user] wrote:

Did you rip the little bugger from ear to ear:angry:!!!!I would be interested to read if they do a test on the critter to see if it has lyme. Could you post the results. Also love that term”collywobbles”:cool:. I had them too reading your post.

Patti – you know, I really wanted to just squish the little devil with my tweezers and then burn it to ashes…(my evil side :angry:)….but then I got a grip and found the little empty pill bottle to seal it in. I can't for the life of me remember the lab to send these critters to, but think it's some lab in NJ. I'll have to jot a note to my Lyme support group and see if anyone remembers.

Thanks for the heads up on the article from Boston Children's…will look that up!

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Poor Maz, you did not need that.  Boy can I relate to being grossed out at finding a tick has taken up residence in your head as I have had multiple embedded ticks discovered days later, even after shampooing and blow drying.  They are unbelievably tough disgusting little critters! One of mine was there two days and another for four days.  I have not been tested for Lyme and with my weak veins and the fact that I've been on abx, will not bother.  I have enough of the lyme-specific symptoms that I'm sure I can add that to my laundry list of 'conditions'.

Gosh, we sure could use a respite from all this…..kim

Manda
    Participant

Oh no Maz, that sounds horrible!!!! I guess you're right though, it is possible. When in the US, I was in a surburban area only, Michigan. There was only one flea that I saw on the dog – amazing! Many squirrils running around, and there were these bugs that bit me in the night. 🙁 I don't know what they were, and they didn't bite my husband! :X

I'd freak out if I had a tick embedded into me!! You're a brave thing to have captured it and kept it. Shake the jar around, give it hell! 😛 lol

Maz
    Keymaster

Kim, thanks for your lovely message. Whenever I see your smiling face, I always think you must be some kind of earth angel as your posts always radiate the most heartfelt messages. Thank you. 😀 And, boy…had no idea you also had a history of tick bites…kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it, just how many are out there who just haven't made the connection. As you say, it's probably nothing to obsess about, because we're on the best treatment for both…just good in a way to have in mind in case any of those nasty little coinfections need dealing with down the road.

Manda, great news and I love your potato avatar, too! I decided to go and check on my “little captive” this afternoon and found it squirming about in the pill bottle, so it lives! I was relieved, because that means I must have got out the head, too. Thank goodness for that and glad I didn't squish him, as I might never have known otherwise. :sick: Oh…and about suburban Michigan…I live in suburban CT…these little beasties get everywhere…anywhere there are a few trees, shrubs and grass and where a few wood mice, birds or deer might pass through. Mind you, the Lyme experts are also suspecting other insect vectors now, too, like biting flies, fleas and mosquitos… ugh. I used to hate spiders the most…now I have to say that ticks top the list.

Peace, Maz

Michele
    Participant

Maz,

I also got the weebie jeebies hearing your colly wobbles!!! My jaw is still dropped. I agree with Manda, shake the little bugger around some!:angry:;;Yikes!

Michele

Maz
    Keymaster

Haha! Yeah….I should do that and if I could do a voodoo dance with my rickety knees, I'd do that at the same time…and my wicked plan is also to starve him out. :angry: Actually had a pang of guilt earlier today….I think my youngest must have been Buddhist in a previous life ;)…she's an animal lover and can't bear anyone or anything to be harmed in any way. She looked freaked out that I'd put this tick in a bottle and looked quite accusingly at me and said I should put him back out in nature where he belongs. Arrghhh…next she'll be naming him. :roll-laugh: 

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Maz,

Your daughter won't have to witness your tick dying anytime soon.  Mine lived in a sealed up ziplock bag for several weeks.  They obviously had enough of MY blood to coast for a while!!!!!  Hopefully, they suffered just a little……:doh:

Maz
    Keymaster

Oh man, three weeks, Kim?…well, looks like we may be in for a naming ceremony for the captive soon, then….my choice would be “Collywobbles.” 😛 

Manda…really sorry…didn't mean to hijack your thread with talk of my new pet tick!  😉

Peace, Maz 

Patti D
    Participant

OK Ladies. This thread is just too funny. Actually, maybe we were all “ticks” in our last life:shock: It is wonderful to have people still giggle , despite all the challenges we have. I know we are all going to be just fine. Positive thinking and enjoying today with all of it's ups & downs is the way to good health. Thanks for the laughter and if tomorrow is your day, Happy Mothers day to all.:)

Happy days!

Patti 

SusanSD
    Participant

Okay, I just can't resist. Thanks Maz for “tickling” my funny bone with your scary but amusing tale. The little bugger may live for awhile but doom awaits – the countdown to three weeks (or less) has begun ….. tick – tock!   😀

We pulled a tick off my 4 yr-old last week. The only time he went outside that day was to play ball with grandparents in the yard in suburbab northern virginia (less than an hour). He was not rolling around or anything. However, my parents were away for 3 weeks prior and had recently mowed their very tall grass, so I wonder if that stirred up the buggers!

Kim
    Participant

Ya'll, here is a verse from a Brad Paisly song:

I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
    I'd like to kiss you baby way back in the sticks
    I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
    And I'd like to check you for ticks.

but, trust me, it's not that romantic —- more like a mother baboon picking at her baby!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

but, trust me, it's not that romantic —- more like a mother baboon picking at her baby!

LOL Thanks for the funny visual, Kim :roll-laugh:…on this Mother's Day! Well, what are mothers for if not to pick ticks off their babies, as poor Susan had to do!:sick:

Now, time to get off this wrecked machine and enjoy the day!

Peace, Maz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ Doctor and Naturopath Appointment’ is closed to new replies.