Home Forums General Discussion Distilled water

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

I wonder if anyone of you has tried to use distilled water. I’ve met a woman who told me whenever she travelled to Adelaide and drank rain water only there she felt very well, no pain with her arthritis. So when she has purchased water distiller and started to drink this water. She feels well and her father who stopped going to the garden due to his sore knees after drinking this water also feels well and can go to the garden again.
    It sounds so good, so I have looked to some articles on internet. Dr Mercola is against drinking distilled water on daily basis because it makes our body acidic, but drinking it for a few weeks he thinks is a good detoxifier. Other websites claim it is the best water to drink.
    What do you think?
    Linda L

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Linda;
    I have many years of human/veterinary medicine,dietetics and chemistry for my degrees.It makes no sense that distilled water would help anything.It could well be a placebo effect and that can work as well as any med for many people.The brain can be very powerful to the point that it can overide the body.I hope you understand this as my English still is not very good.

PhilC
    Participant

I bought a water distiller years ago, and used it for a while, but it has been years now since I last used it. I did not feel good drinking distilled water, so I stopped drinking it.

I do think that drinking good quality water is important. One of the things I did as part of my recovery program was not drinking unfiltered tap water. I drank either bottled water (from an aquifer) or filtered tap water. Sometimes I bought bottled water and filtered it. Bottled water often has a plastic taste to it, and a carbon filter can remove that.

Of course, tap water from a good private well may be fine. My parents live on top of a mountain, and they have a very deep well. I love drinking their well water. The kind of unfiltered tap water that I avoid drinking is the kind that comes from a water company; where I’m from people call that “city water.”

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Linda L
    Participant

Lynne, I agree. Power of our brain can be very strong. Also some conditions can pass away just without any reason /wish!/
    Phil, I am sure that your parents well is a dream of all of us. I drink tap water and bottled water. I have tried to discover what the bottled water contains, but had difficulties with that company. Also “for their security” they don’t reveal where it is from. I will have to look around again.
    Thank you to both of you.
    Linda L

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Linda L
    Participant

It is really difficult here. All water authorities in Australia are PROUD about the quality of tap water. They add a lot of fluoride and they cut any discussion about it. But in America too, Dr Mercola has written:

Yes, about 40 percent of bottled water IS regular tap water, which may or may not have received any additional treatment. In fact, most municipal tap water must adhere to stricter purity standards than the bottled water industry. The EPA requires large public water suppliers to test for contaminants as often as several times a day, but the FDA requires private bottlers to test for contaminants only once a week, once a year, or once every four years, depending on the contaminant.

Checking water every four years….Hm.. Maybe the osmosis filter for a tap water will be best.
    Linda L

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Linda L
    Participant

I think that too much of estrogen is also the reason of breast and prostate cancer. See below:

In 2008, the Associated Press launched a wide-scale, 5-month investigation into pharmaceutical contaminants in drinking water. They discovered drugs in the drinking water of 24 major metropolitan areas, including South California, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington DC, Tuscon, and Northern New Jersey.

Traces of drugs found included antibiotics, mood-stabilizers and anticonvulsants like carbemazepine, estrogens, metabolized angina medicine and tranquilizers to name a few.

Now it’s true that the concentrations of these drugs and chemicals are tiny – measured in parts per billion or trillion – far below a medical dose. Water providers continue to insist that these levels are ‘safe’, but the truth is, scientists don’t yet know the consequences of decades of exposure to low levels of multiple dugs.

Read more: http://chestsculpting.com/the-dangers-of-estrogen-in-your-drinking-water/#ixzz43D80iuIC
    Linda L

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.