Home Forums General Discussion diarrhea!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    zoofie_85
    Participant

have any of you have diarrhea of the antibiotic? what do you do about this? stomach ache and diarrhea:sick:

judy cash
    Participant

Sofie,

Did you get to talk to Dr. S. through e-mail? Are you taking enough probiotics? Maybe someone will chime in to give you their suggestions.

Judy

zoofie_85
    Participant

Hiii Judy!! yees i got a mail, i have wrote back to him!!

thank you for the help sooo much:D

It has start working, the tetra :D:D:D:D just some problems with my stomach:?

zoofie_85
    Participant

Dont know if im taking enough probiotics, maybe not :sick:

mschmidt
    Participant

What probiotics are you taking, and what is the dosage? (example:  5 billion, 10 billion, 30 billion, etc. per dose)

zoofie_85
    Participant

I eat probimax, like that you chew. it says:
    “Probiomax contains the well-documented lactic acid bacterium Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis
    One tablet of Probiomax contains more than 100 million live bacteria of the strain Lactobacillus reuteri DSM Protectis 17938th “

mschmidt
    Participant

This is just my dosage and experience but, I take a total of 120 BILLION per day, because I'm on 3 different antibiotics.  Maybe you should try a stronger probiotic to see if that will help.  Just a suggestion.

Maria

carries
    Participant

Hi! I take 160 billion a day!

carries
    Participant

Ooops! I mean I take 106 billion.

I take GNC 50 billion twice a day. Here are the cultures it has:

[align=right]  0.00

Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL 60) 

Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL 21) 

Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL 20) 

Bifidobacterium lactis (CUL 34) 

[/align]

I also take “solar ray” Acidopholus 3billion twice a day.

zoofie_85
    Participant

thank u Maria & Carrie! I really think i had too little of the probiotics. Today I have bought a new one, (i have allready wrote this to you carrie 😉 )

Lactiplus, 5 billion, Ingredients

Fillers: Potato starch, fructooligosaccharides (FOS), vegetable capsule: hydroxypropylmetylcellulosa, active probiotic bacteria: Lactobacilllus helveticus Rosell-52, Lactococcus lactis ssp Rosell -1058, Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175, Lactobacillus rhamosus Rosell-11, Bifidobacterium breve Rosell-70, Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71) *, anti-caking agent: magnesium stearate, antioxidant: ascorbic acid

Ooo I hope it helps! im staying on my old probiotic to and drink the Proviva!

PhilC
    Participant

If you take a probiotic that is not enteric-coated, then it's possible for 90% of the bacteria to be destroyed by the acid in your stomach. That may be why the chewable probiotic you've been taking wasn't enough.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

zoofie_85
    Participant

[user=1429]PhilC[/user] wrote:

If you take a probiotic that is not enteric-coated, then it's possible for 90% of the bacteria to be destroyed by the acid in your stomach. That may be why the chewable probiotic you've been taking wasn't enough.

Phil

what does enteric-coated means? it the one i bought now ok?

PhilC
    Participant

[user=2526]zoofie_85[/user] wrote:

Enteric-coated means that the tablets or capsules have a special coating that will not dissolve in acid. Enteric-coated tablets or capsules are designed to pass through the stomach unchanged and then disintegrate when they reach the small intestine.

Lactiplus would not be my first choice. How many are you taking and when are you taking them?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

zoofie_85
    Participant

[user=1429]PhilC[/user] wrote:

[user=2526]zoofie_85[/user] wrote:

Enteric-coated means that the tablets or capsules have a special coating that will not dissolve in acid. Enteric-coated tablets or capsules are designed to pass through the stomach unchanged and then disintegrate when they reach the small intestine.

Lactiplus would not be my first choice. How many are you taking and when are you taking them?

Phil

oooh… :S they were expensive!! they said it was the best…. ! oooh =/  what should i buy?

She said i could take up to 8 /day, today i took 2

PhilC
    Participant

If you take them with water on an empty stomach about 20 to 30 minutes before a meal, that should help. They will move into your small intestine more quickly, which should reduce their exposure to stomach acid.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ diarrhea!!’ is closed to new replies.