Home Forums General Discussion detox infrared sauna

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    hoopsky
    Participant

I have a FIR sauna and have used it about 4-5 times a week for fibromyalgia. I heat it up to 140F and stay in it for about 30-35 minutes. It definitely helps muscles relax and I sweat a lot! I put a beach towel on my chair and under my feet. I usually listen to meditation CDs while in there and I believe the combination is helpful.

Through trial and error, I have learned not to use my FIR sauna on a full stomach. I have also learned to stop if I start to feel a headache (which isn’t very often). After, I drink 16 oz of sparkling water.

Just my two cents.

tbird2340
    Participant

If this really helps with joint pain I may really think about getting one..

I’ve looked on Craigslist and there are about 5-10 for sale (FAR ones).. I figure if I buy it cheap used and don’t use it I can always sell it and recoup some of my money..

A Friend
    Participant

@hoopsky wrote:

I have a FIR sauna and have used it about 4-5 times a week for fibromyalgia. I heat it up to 140F and stay in it for about 30-35 minutes. It definitely helps muscles relax and I sweat a lot! I put a beach towel on my chair and under my feet. I usually listen to meditation CDs while in there and I believe the combination is helpful.

Through trial and error, I have learned not to use my FIR sauna on a full stomach. I have also learned to stop if I start to feel a headache (which isn’t very often). After, I drink 16 oz of sparkling water.

Just my two cents.

Hoopsky,
    Do you have a protocol of replacement minerals, liquids, etc. that you take before and/or during and after time in the sauna? If not, let me encourage you to read/learn about recommendations from such as Dr. Sherry Rogers’ book, “Painfree in Six Weeks” (only available from Prestige Publishing or health stores, etc. We with chronic illness are nearly always deficient in minerals (and other nutrients) already, because our body uses these constantly to neutralize acidic wastes in the body so they can be safely excreted from the body. So, when we sauna, we sweat out lots of our minerals which we need to replace.

These minerals are needed for many body functions, and especially to keep our blood pH in the exact range it MUST be to sustain life. When we are chronically ill, our gut system probably has difficulty properly digesting foods and extracting needed nutrients and especially amino acids needed for metabolic detoxification that occurs nightly between 2 to 3 am. When we are deficient — especially of magnesium and other trace minerals — our body begins having to “borrow” (or steal) needed minerals from our bones and other body sources, and soon we can develop severe acidosis if the body lacks minerals and can’t safely excrete wastes, i.e. if our acidic urine is not neutralized, it will damage the kidneys which cannot repair themselves; also, constant stealing of minerals because of lack of them can cause our bones and body to further deteriorate and eventually develop a lot of pain, and lead to osteopenia, osteoporosis, etc. And, especially too, there are quite a number of amino acids (22 may be a close guess) we need to interact in the body for its many necessary enzyme functions. Some of the amino acids are termed “essential”, meaning we must consume these in our diet. But… it isn’t what we consume that is most important, it is what we DIGEST. If we eat food and it goes right through, and our gut system cannot properly digest and extract nutrients, we are not getting what we need even if we are eating it. It probably is a good idea for all of us to learn about digestive enzymes and take these with every meal (unless the meal only consists of salads and fruits… in which case, these raw foods have enzymes in them). The above are some reasons why we need to replace minerals when we sweat out many of these during sauna, which also helps sweat out toxins.
    AF
    Kill joy was here, but I’ve learned this is very important.

beaglesrule
    Participant

Hi, I am new here so please bear with me. I have been using an infrared sauna at a health food store and seeking wonderful results. I have Crest Limited Systemic Scleroderma and Raynauds with it which is why I decided to go with the infrared sauna. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where they got their units and if they like them. I seem to think the one I am in doesn’t warm the feet up as I would like but the upper shoulders gets quite a bit of heat. Not even sure if that is normal or not. Can anyone tell me what kind of infrared sauna they have .. what manufacturer and whether or not they were pleased with the company and /or the product. THANK YOU..

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.