Home Forums General Discussion Detox Bath

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Cheryl V
    Participant

At our last Dr's visit, we were given the instructions for a negatively charged detox bath which is good for pulling out positively charged free radicals and thought many of you may benefit from it so I thought I'd share. 

Drink lots of water During and After bath.
    Water temperature needs to be warm but NOT HOT
    After each bath you may rinse off with water but no soap.

SERIES 1
    1 Bath per day for 8 days in a row

3 cups or 2lbs of baking soda
    1/2 box of borax (20 mule team) green box
    2 cups corn starch

Soak 35 minutes, 25 of those minutes you need to be submerged up to your neck

**Negatively charged so it is pulling positively charged free radicals

SERIES 2
    1 bath per day for 8 days in a row

1/2 box borax (20 mule team) green box
    2 quarts 3% hydrogen peroxide

Soak for 30 minutes, 15 of those minutes you need to be submerged up to your neck

**Rids the body of medication residue, virusus, computer radiation, parasite toxicity and poorly digested protein

MAINTENANCE
    2 baths per week for 3 months

1/2 box borax
    1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide

Soak for 30 minnutes, 15 of those minutes you need to be submerged up to your neck

You may get lots of strange looks from the cashiers when you empty your cart full of peroxide, borax and corn starch! My daughter did her first one yesterday and she said it made her feel pretty good. The best part was that her skin felt nice and soft :D. After the cloud of corn starch settles, be warned that the tub gets very slippery!

Cheryl

Maz
    Keymaster

Cheryl, many thanks for typing this long recipe out – kind of you to make this effort. This is the first time I've heard of this type of detox bath and it certainly sounds interesting. Please let us know how your daughter fares with these baths and how she thinks they have benefited her.

I did a little search on Borax, as I'd only ever heard of it being used in detergents….kind of interesting that it's used as an anti-fungal and water softener…maybe why the skin felt so soft afterwards? I would think that for anyone with a skin condition (scleroderma, psoriasis, dermatomyositis, discoid lupus, etc), they may need to check with their doctor first about the ingredients?  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borax

Thanks for sharing!  😀

Peace, Maz

AmberV16
    Participant

Hi Maz!

I thought I would tell you firsthand how the baths have been working. I'm on my 5th one tonight in the first series and honestly I feel a little better. Especially for about 2-3 hours right after the bath. I have better range of motion even in my smaller joints and I get quite a bit of relief from the swelling. (Which is ironic because with the epsom and peroxide baths, I would puff up like a balloon) I generally feel like SOMETHING is happening, just not sure what, possibly the free radicals being eliminated by the negative charge in the water. It sounded very skeptical to me at first but I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who at least wanted a few hours of relief. It's my understanding that the series will work in the long run to alleviate symptoms for longer than 2-3 hours, but for now, I will most DEFINITELY take the 2-3 hours of relief, especially before/while trying to get to bed.

For anyone that does want to try it, it makes you EXTREMELY thirsty. I drank a half a gallon of water tonight. Also, you really need to make sure you give the water a good stir or else everything will settle to the bottom. It does not clog up the drains but it most definitely leaves a nice powder coating all over the bathroom, and like my mom mentioned above, it can make the bottom of the tub VERY slippery, so go slow.

I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for some relief, and I'll post again with an update once I move onto the 2nd series. Like I said, I've done the epsom and peroxide baths for almost 6 months and the amount of relief from this one isn't even comparible to the epsom.

I know you mentioned, Maz, that it could be irritating to someone with a skin condition because of the borax, and although I can't speak from experience, I can say that my skin is pretty sensitive and breaks out a LOT, and the only thing I've noticed is super soft skin 🙂 no rashes in sight.

Hope this helps!

Amber

Kim
    Participant

Glad you're getting some temporary relief, Amber.  Here's hoping it will last longer in the near future. 😉

Take care…..kim

Maz
    Keymaster

Amber, thanks so much for checking in and telling us of your results with the new detox baths – so glad to hear you're getting some relief and that they're helping you. 😀 To notice that much relief is pretty good going, so they must be doing some good for you.

Have you tried using an old towel to put on the bottom of the bath just before getting out to help prevent it being so slippery? I found that helped a bit in the early days when my hubby would have to lever me out of the tub, as it was something for my feet to stand on so I didn't slip quite so much getting out.

Looking forward to your next update, Amber!

Peace, Maz

tbird2340
    Participant

Cheryl or Amber… Any updates on how the Detox bath is doing ?

Thanks, Tom

AmberV16
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I meant to update this a while ago and it slipped my mind when I couldn't find the thread. I completed the first series within the 8 days, and when I moved onto the 2nd series, I made it through 2 baths with the Borax and Peroxide and noticed a lot of puffiness after both. It seemed to restrict my range of motion as well. When my mom and I put our heads together, we realized that I might be having a strange reaction to the peroxide, as when I would take epsom salt and peroxide baths, I would experience the same puffiness and general discomfort. I discontinued the series for now, but plan on starting it up again soon, at the beginning. I feel maybe that if I gave it a full run, I might be seeing different results, but the puffiness scared me off. 

I may also just decide to stick with the corn starch, baking soda, borax baths, as I felt a HUGE improvement after taking one of those and would absolutely recommend it to anyone. It really is a matter of what just works for you personally. My skin itself wasn't affected whatsoever, just whatever was going on underneath. As I said in my above post, I only got a few hours of relief, but those few hours were better than nothing. I haven't really made up my mind, but will update again for sure once I do.

I gathered all of the energy I had and went to a concert 2 days ago which took a LOT out of me, so I'm not going to put my body through anything else for at least a few more days. Just sticking to hot showers and heating pads, but will be sure to update again once I resume the baths.

-Amber

tbird2340
    Participant

Thanks for the reply..

Who'd you go see?

AmberV16
    Participant

Chevelle and Shinedown at the Illinois state fair. :roll-laugh:

Thank goodness I had seats or I don't know if I would have made it. The pain I'm having now was worth the show though. Hands down the best concert I've ever been to!

I also wanted to add, I finally purchased some magnesium sulfate cream, which is generally epsom salts in a lotion form. I found out that our bodies absorb magnesium much better when it is applied topically, versus in a pill form, and I have to say that I have noticed a huge difference. It's better than any type of rub on pain reliever I have ever tried before and it isn't greasy or sticky. So for now, before I start the detox baths again, I've been using this cream to help with the pain management.

tbird2340
    Participant

Both of those bands rock.. Would definitely have been a great concert!

I'll check out that cream! Thanks!

EDIT: Where do you buy that cream at? Online or instore?

AmberV16
    Participant

http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/ViewProductDetails@Product_ID@124.aspx

I believe this is the place we ordered it from, if not, its the same exact jar that I do have. I found a recipe to make to make it yourself at home and it seemed pretty easy.

There were no exact measurements involved, it only said to dissolve some epsom salts into hot water and then mix the solution into some plain unscented vitamin E lotion. I haven't tried this yet, but will when my jar that I have runs out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ Detox Bath’ is closed to new replies.