Home Forums General Discussion Darker coloring under nails

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mouse
    Participant

Darker coloring under nails…
    Near the lunula and across the top of my nails the skin is darker. I think this is a sign of low blood oxygen. I went to my internist, they checked my oxygen and told me it is fine. I am assuming this is the early stage something. When the weather was bad the other day I felt a little breathy. I have had a few moments where I felt like I needed to take an extra breath. At this time it doesn’t affect my activity.
    What should I be doing? Is this something I can do something about? I would prefer to take preventative measures? Should I be seeing a particular kind doctor for this? Should I be sleeping with oxygen?

Female, 59 years old. My issues began with a drug reaction.
    ANA 1:32 Homogeneous, Nuclear Speckled
    Rheumatologist/Osteopenia, osteoarthritis, UCTD,
    Gastroenterologist/little gastritis,11/20,
    Cardiologist/heart/bradycardia,7-20 had a little tachycardia
    Benign limp node removed 4 years ago
    My last panel of antibody blood tests taken in 8/20 were all negative accept ana.
    Taking Vitamin D and magnesium. My doctor has given me B12 to take and wants me to take hormones. Getting physical therapy soon.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Mouse;
    Mino certainly will do that but it usually takes a year or two before it happens.I had big blue spots on my legs,around the mouth and on my eye brows.It’s taken almost 4 years and it is much lighter now.I thought that by using doxy instead might do the trick and it does….sort of… it’s just lighter.The 2 meds are in the same family so it makes sense.
    I would prefer to look like a Smerf to going back to where I was.

Spiffy1

That is what I was thinking. That it might be hyperpigmentation.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

mouse
    Participant

I am currently not taking any prescriptions only OTC medications.

My last panel of antibody blood tests taken in 8/20 were all negative accept ana.
    Taking Vitamin D and magnesium. My doctor has given me B12 to take and wants me to take hormones. Getting physical therapy soon.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Mouse;
    You have not entered any info below your posts as to what disease you have.If it is SD bleed out from broken capillaries at the nail bed could be causing the problem

mouse
    Participant

Thank you Lynne for pointing that out!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.