Home Forums General Discussion Cutting Pills

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    eagle26
    Participant

Is it safe to cut pills into half or quarters? I mean especially nsaids and abx.
    Which can be cut or which ciriteria they can be cut into half or quarters?
    What is the situation in effervescent pills like nac and aspirin forms?

Thanks

Reactive Arthritis+ tachycardia+ prostatitis. 2015 till now. Just a short remission 4 months.
    NAC, vit e, krill oil, vit b 1000 mcg daily, vit d 2000 iu daily and quercetin 500 mg twice a day.

PhilC
    Participant

Since you mentioned that you are planning to take clarithromycin, this information may be relevant:

“Clarithromycin tablets, USP and clarithromycin for oral suspension, USP may be given with or without food.

Clarithromycin extended-release tablets, USP should be taken with food. Swallow clarithromycin extended-release tablets whole; do not chew, break or crush clarithromycin extended-release tablets.”

Source: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=7254f785-f36c-4448-ad4b-49292a9f4833

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

eagle26
    Participant

Thanks Phil.

Reactive Arthritis+ tachycardia+ prostatitis. 2015 till now. Just a short remission 4 months.
    NAC, vit e, krill oil, vit b 1000 mcg daily, vit d 2000 iu daily and quercetin 500 mg twice a day.

richie
    Participant

If its any kind of time release such as many nsaids –the release is in the coating -cutting it would affect it –why cut pills anyway –aspirin you can get as low as 81 mg –I personally think “bad idea “

eagle26
    Participant

Thanks Richie.
    To start at lower doses.
    Which aspirin you mention? I know coraspirin 100 mg in here.
    And for nac ?

richie
    Participant

Hi I take an aspirin a day for heart health –its 81 mg Baby aspirin -enteric coated any brand –

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Eagle

I wouldn’t be cutting N-AC (which usually comes in capsule form). 600mg is the usual capsule size and 600mg twice daily is the recommended dose.

If you are on a combined antibiotic protocol with CPn in your pathogen mix, that amount can be doubled for a while in some of the physician’s protocols that you will find at cpnhelp.

There is a chart that you can download re recommended supplements here

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

eagle26
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie
    I have got a multivitamin that includes all the stuff but in unsufficient amounts in some
    also I do not want to take too many stuff . I plan to start low and certain things like probiotics and nac.
    Should I use that multivitamin ? And all the things in the list that are highlighted are necessary? Which ones are highly important?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

For me, N-AC is one of the must-haves. It has so many benefits, including promoting the production of glutathione (which decreases as we age), it’s liver and lung protective and so much more. Plenty of info available on it if you google. It’s an amino acid-derived compound, not a vitamin or mineral and, as far as I know, it is one supplement that you don’t have to spend big money on to get great value.

No, not all the things on that CPn list are necessary – unless you are treating MS (or another CPn related chronic condition) with combined antibiotics and supplements.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.