Home Forums General Discussion Curled fingers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Denyse
    Participant

Has anyone had any luck straightening the fingers when they are curled fairly badly?
    I have tried massage, soaking in magnesium chloride, and suggestions??

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

Denyse
    Participant

admin can you remove the picture it is way too large

Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

Denyse
    Image removed as requested.

You will need to reduce size substantially to upload. Look at the pixels in the jpeg and suggest 200 pixels wide might be a suitable size.

RBFV

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hey Denise;
    Other than stiff hands how are you doing?I am sure Richi will agree with me,hands take an awfully long time to get back to normal.Mine took over 3 years.

Denyse
    Participant

Okay Thank you for the reply 😀

medical MJ

Linda L
    Participant

Denyse,
    There are so many items in your signature. Do you really take all of them daily? Maybe it is too much and your body cannot cope with so many toxins.
    Anyway have you tried boron?
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Denyse
    Participant

@Linda L wrote:

Denyse,
    There are so many items in your signature. Do you really take all of them daily? Maybe it is too much and your body cannot cope with so many toxins.
    Anyway have you tried boron?
    Linda L.

Hi Linda, yes I do take them daily except a couple listed which are taken as needed.
    It has taken me many years to get to a normal dosage of anything I take because of the detoxing. I am very aware of how my body detoxes and do a variety of things to help rid my body of the toxins ( magnesium chloride baths, hot houses, foot detox, etc.)
    I soak my hands in magnesium chloride and get regular massage on my hands to keep them as supple as possible. I wouldn’t say they have gotten any worse in the years I have been on Minocin, but they haven’t really gotten any better either.
    I noticed in your signature that you use black strap molasses, what brand do you use? I have tried so many brands over the years and have to say I absolutely love Chapman Farms Naturally (extra heavy) so very yummy in a warm cup of almond milk for an evening hot drink.
    Thank You for your concern, it does look like a very long list 😉

medical MJ

richie
    Participant

Hi Have you ever used paraffin baths for your hands –while your hands are in the bath –manually attempt to straighten a finger at a time as much as possible without creating pain —Also continuously try to use your fingers -keep moving them -flex them etc –even if you can barely move them –do it anyway –I had bad contractures that took I think 5 years or so to straighten out —-VERY IMPORTANT -I almost forgot –a big help was orthopedic putty –it comes in a few textures –when you first start use the one that is most malleable –make a ball –with one hand get the ball under the contractures and just walk around squeezing it for about one hour –slowly at first then build up to more rapid -dont be discouraged if you can hardly do it –over time you will see progress –this excercise will re-strngthen your fingers which are extremely weak due to lack of use -Lastly –its patience -takes a very long time but it will happen -you just have to help things along a bit –Its a shame I had all this stuff and sent them to someone when I didnt need it any more –When I find this the putty on line will send a link -Good luck
    Richie

richie
    Participant

Hi The product is all over the internet -found it reasonable here —Betty Mills co.–think its BettyMills.com–the product is therapy putty –firmness is soft –you can get a 4 oz tub for about 9.00 –shipping costs 8.00 or so –I think one tub is enough —-after awhile you would have to find a firmer putty –that would be a measure of progress

DISCLAIMER–I have no financial interest in this product or this company just recommending a product based on my personal use .
    richie

Denyse
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi The product is all over the internet -found it reasonable here —Betty Mills co.–think its BettyMills.com–the product is therapy putty –firmness is soft –you can get a 4 oz tub for about 9.00 –shipping costs 8.00 or so –I think one tub is enough —-after awhile you would have to find a firmer putty –that would be a measure of progress

DISCLAIMER–I have no financial interest in this product or this company just recommending a product based on my personal use .
    richie

Hi Richie, thanks so much for your imput, I am going to check out this link. I have used the paraffin wax and tried pulling to straighten my fingers without hurting them and they would crack really loud, it actually felt good 🙂
    But I am going to add the putty to my regimen.
    Thanks again, I will let you know how I am doing with it once I get it.

medical MJ

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.