Home Forums General Discussion Cowden protocol for Lyme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LAR362
    Participant

I am wondering if anyone has tried this? I am reading that the combo of Sawmento and Banderol is supposed to more effective than doxy for Lyme and that this protocol is suppose to be pretty good. Any info is appreciated! 😉

cavalier
    Participant

I have some of the Cowden stuff – I can tell you that i can herx pretty stoutly on them, I have not used them regularly though as you need to do them twice during the day, away from food & drink, and coupled with other things I am doing it gets tough to get it all in.

I have Cumanda, ( I already have Cat’s Claw here so i felt not to duplicate it although some feel theirs is better) & I have also their Quina, & Houttuynia.

My doc Dr C. in Ms. who cares for my Lyme as well as he helps with SD says he feels the Cowden works he uses ABX too but he says often one can get a reaction from these. I ordered them in Jan. of this year as the mino was not working effectively for me this was before I got officially diagnosed with Lyme but it was due to the Cowden stuff as I wondered if I had a coinfection when i ordered them – then herxing the way I did with them made me suspect if I had indeed Lyme.
    Then I later got the official lyme test to confirm.
    My naturopath also feels the right herbs can be very effective. Dr C. feels both ABX & the right microbials like Cowden’s work together. I am working on tailoring & incorporating some new herbs & supp’s into my regime with Dr C. & Dr S. the naturopath doc here in Memphis and hope to include this again. Dr C. says some patients have found the cowden method to be effective.

Jill SD & Lyme

laurawm
    Participant

I’ve not been able to post for some time as we’ve been moving and I have not been feeling well – but I saw this thread and having just taken some banderol and currently experiencing a very fast herx in response I wanted to write a note that I do believe this can be effective treatment – I am using it for Lyme, but I am sure it is treating my other RA bugs as well. Here is where I ordered and more info:

http://www.treatlyme.net/lyme-disease-supplement-blog/2011/10/31/banderol-and-samento.html

Laura

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.