Home Forums General Discussion Covid vaccine ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Roberta
    Participant

Does anyone have information regarding whether or not people who have RA or other autoimmune conditions should get the Covid vaccine? Also, I’m particularly wondering about those of us who are on AP (antibiotic protocols)?

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Roberta,

There is a website called, “Creaky Joints,” that is following such questions:

Researchers Are Starting to Study the COVID-19 Vaccine in Autoimmune and Immunocompromised Patients

PhilC
    Participant

I recommend watching this video:

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Angelina
    Participant

“Creaky Joints” provides the first information I’ve found about a study being conducted. I will ask my rheumatologist if he has heard of Dr. Kim and any results. I talked to my state’s health dept. last week and they could find no information on any study being done on the effects of the vaccine on RA patients and could offer me no advice except to say if I’m experiencing a flare, hold off on the vaccine.
    I also watched the video and will look up information on Dr. Weiler. I haven’t heard any of this information on any news outlet.
    Has anyone with RA here received the vaccine yet?

lemons
    Participant

Hello Roberta,

I haven’t had the vaccine, but I have had Covid. I tested positive just after Christmas. It was a scary ten days, as I was expecting to become really sick having being diagnosed with Sero negative RA nearly eight years ago.

Luckily for me, all I experienced was mild flu like symptoms and I didn’t even have a cough. On the other hand, two friends of mine also tested positive. Neither of them have any under lying medical conditions, both are younger than me and unfortunately they became very ill.

They both had terrible coughs and trouble breathing, one was prescribed Doxycycline and the other, Amoxicillin. Both of them are now better and managed to avoid being admitted to hospital.

I’m no longer on the antibiotic protocol, haven’t been for a few years. I’m doing very well and I am not on any form of medication. I thought I’d post this in case any one had concerns about the effects of this unpredictable virus. It’s so strange how it strikes people in so many different ways. Me with an autoimmune disease and having mild symptoms and two other people in their 40’s becoming very sick.

N.

TrustingGod
    Participant

I think it has to do with the viral load. The more virus you have the more sick you become.

lemons
    Participant

Viral load could explain the differences in symptoms, however my son also tested positive. He’s been staying with me during the pandemic and is working from home.
    The only person he could’ve caught Covid from is me. Our symptoms and the severity of disease were similar, but I recovered quicker. Considering he’s only 27, isn’t over weight, has no under lying health conditions, but took several day longer to recover, was surprising.
    I’ve read that your blood group could possibly be linked to how the immune system reacts to the disease. Group O less severe, I’m O positive.
    Anyway, for now it’s a mystery.

Maz
    Keymaster

There seems to be a new theory every day as to what makes some people sicker than others with the virus. Everything from blood type and gender to elevated ferritin, genetics and strain variation. There is also a new theory, described in the following article, that may explain why Covid looks like autoimmunity.

COVID-19 can derange the immune system in complex ways, research shows. Here’s how.

Violet
    Participant

Thanks for posting the Dr. James Lyons-Weiler speech, Phil. I’ve heard him speak at greater length, but he gets the important point about pathogenic priming in as well briefly covering the ramifications of using quats for disinfection as researched by Dr. Terry Hrubec.
    Thanks again and best wishes to you,
    Violet

PhilC
    Participant

It appears that adequate vitamin D intake may help protect a person from the more severe manifestations of COVID-19.

Vitamin D status and COVID-19 severity: Is there a link?
    nutrition.org/vitamin-d-status-and-covid-19-severity-is-there-a-link/

Does vitamin D deficiency increase the severity of COVID-19?
    ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7385774/

You’ll need to copy and paste those links in order to read the articles because the forum won’t let me post working links.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

PhilC
    Participant

This article goes into more detail regarding the pathogenic priming and unsafe epitopes that Dr. James Lyons-Weiler touched on in that video I posted above.

Doctors Including Former Pfizer Respiratory VP & Chief Scientific Advisor File Petition Covid Vaccine Could Be Linked to Infertility
    newsrescue.com/doctors-former-pfizer-respiratory-vp-chief-scientific-advisor-file-petition-covid-vaccine-could-be-linked-to-infertility/

You’ll need to copy and paste that link in order to read the article because the forum won’t let me post working links.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

jasregadoo

For whatever it is worth, I have had 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, second dose 3 weeks ago. The only symptom I suffered was a sore arm. I’m seronegative arthritis, in remission thanks to Minocycline, and I have O positive blood, if any of that helps.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

This is fantastic info on how the Covid vaccines are made and the future of other vaccinationd.Almost all the leg work had been done over the last several years.Meet the genius behind this one.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/mar-20-when-greenland-was-green-bear-back-scratching-mars-voyage-emotional-toll-and-more-1.5955275/covid-vaccines-were-made-in-record-time-meet-a-scientist-who-made-that-possible-1.5955279

Roberta
    Participant

Well I wanted to follow up. I did get both Pfizer vaccines and #1 slight fatigue, mild headache, #2 just fatigue day 2, day 3 experienced a flare involving hands, wrists, and shoulder. Two weeks later still experiencing the flare. I have chosen not to do steroids and will try a vitamin c iv drip tomorrow, possibly one each week for 4 weeks. I’m hoping this gets me back to pre vaccine.

darling787
    Participant

Hello! I used to be a “frequent flyer” on this forum & am forever grateful for receiving so much support at a very dark time in my life. I am fortunate to say that over the years I’ve been able to improve many of my symptoms. I’ve never been back to the baseline I was before I got my lyme like illness, but I am highly functional, work fulltime, exercise, planning my wedding, etc. My ongoing symptoms are muscle pain & twitches (although improved significantly) & fatigue. I am no longer seeing my integrative MD, as I am able to manage my symptoms fine with diet, herbals when needed, and exercise. I decided to login today due to complete confusion over what to do with the covid vaccine. I work in healthcare & am exposed to germs daily! It’s a wonder I’ve managed to avoid covid for a whole year! I’ve had my vaccine scheduled since January but chickened out both times. While the majority of people seem to be doing fine, I am finding some anecdotal evidence/ stories of a small number of people are having pretty significant immune responses lasting weeks…seeing as I’m very sensitive to even supplements, I am extremely terrified how my body will react. However, the fear of getting covid is a constant dark cloud and I would love the relief of feeling protected. Would love everyone’s two sense!

Sick since July 2015 with deep muscle aches, fatigue, and ongoing throat infections. Since July was on 10 different abx .Found AP doc for long-term abx therapy in Jan 2016. Started Mino and other herbals. About 60% better. Positive for mycoplasma, strep (ASO 400), and possibly lyme. Current Meds: Vit C, D, b12, Glutatione, l-glutamine, colloidal silver, fish oil, magnesium, multi, herbal tincture with cats claw , Oregon grape, blessed thistle...mino 2/16-3/16 now trying penicllin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.