Home Forums General Discussion Covid 19

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

If it’s not guaranteed that having had this virus makes you immune, then how could a vaccine work ? Why are so many drugs that are used to treat autoimmune diseases being considered to treat this virus ?

Spiffy1

It seems like they are saying that one problem some people are having is an immune cascade that just goes overboard. Hence, these autoimmune drugs can possibly quell that. I read somewhere that hydroxychloroquine can prevent the virus from replicating in the lungs and that Zithromax was an anti inflammatory in the lungs. I wish that anti viral that starts with an R would hurry up and get through the clinical trials. With my crazy immune system and with my family’s past vaccine history I would think long and hard about taking a new vaccine. If the R anti viral could get in everyone’s hands I would much rather handle it for myself that way, but that is just me.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

lemons
    Participant

Hi Spiffy,
    I’m not keen on the thought of a new vaccine either. Here in the UK, a Covid 19 vaccine will begin human trials this Thursday. Usually takes years to get to this stage.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

New vaccine will start testing in a couple weeks here in Canada.They are using ferrets instead of mice.I wonder why???
    If you have SD and are a member of Inspire board there is a post there made by Shaz with over a thousand replies.Most made by highly intelligent people,researcher and just about everything you want to know about what is working or not for this disease.I could post a link but unless you are a member I don’t think you could open it

lemons
    Participant

Thanks Lynne, I read that most animals don’t replicate Covid sufficiently, but cats and ferrets do. I suppose that would explain why vets here are advising to keep cats indoors during the lock down.

Linda L
    Participant

Autoimmune diseases are treated with the immunosuppressive drugs mainly but the researchers have treated Covid-19 with the antiviral medications successfully. The same drugs were used to treat malaria. Recently some patients were treated with Ebola drugs in US. It wasn’t written which one though. Most promising drugs include in their names “vir” /antiviral/ also used for Hepatitis B, HIV, herpes…. here in Australia they also talk about vaccine and that it is close in the labs here.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Suzanne
    Participant

If it’s not guaranteed that having had this virus makes you immune, then how could a vaccine work ?

Excellent point. I haven’t seen anyone else asking this question and it seems so obvious now that you’ve said it.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant
    Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Linda;
    It looks like the high hopes for these drugs has been dashed.

https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2

Not necessarily. French Professor Didier Raoult has just published a scathing critique of the flawed VA hydroxychloroquine study:

Timing can be critical in treating anyone with chronic or severe illness as we also know with regard to AP and late stage rheumatic disease. It’s not that late stage patients don’t have a chance to reverse progression but once tissues are irreversibly damaged by disease course, it can be too late.

Response to Magagnoli, MedRxiv, 2020Matthieu MILLION1,2, Yanis ROUSSEL1,2, Didier RAOULT1,2 1IHU-Méditerranée Infection, Marseille, France2Aix Marseille Univ, IRD, AP-HM, MEPHI, Marseille, France

lemons
    Participant

I read that the Ministry of Defence is to issue British troops with insect repellent to protect them against Covid 19. The product’s called Mosi-guard.
    Apparently the key ingredient is Citriodol / Citrapel, which is a patented formula derived from lemon eucalyptus oil.
    It was reported that this particular ingredient, when applied to the skin, hair, clothes, killed the virus for up to six hours.
    The product mentioned sold out on Amazon within minutes, but there are alternatives that also contain Citriodol or Citrapel. And lemon eucalyptus oil’s in plentiful supply and isn’t expensive, yet.

Linda L
    Participant

Oh yes, Citronella candles and coils we use here in summer.I have a lemon eucalyptus tree in our garden.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I wonder if coconut oil would work. It is also antibacterial.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.