Home Forums General Discussion Contraindications

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Devie
    Participant

I know that some of you have done quite a bit of research and I hope you can help me.  I am about to start on minocin and I wnat to list what I am currently taking.  If any of this does not mix well with the minocin, please let me know.

Levathroid
    Nexium
    Lorazapam
    Fosamax (osteoporosis)
    Sulfa salazine (plan on stopping this)
    Probiotics
    Calcium
    Vitamin D
    Magnesium
    Folic Acid
    Vit E
    Omegas- EPA & DHA
    DHEA
    Multi
    Milk Thistle
    Metagenics kaprex
    Metagenics Inflammix
    Cetylmyristoleate with undenatured collagen II in a joint relief formula
    Benefiber
    Advil & Tylenol

I do not eat wheat or red meat but I do have a decaf latte in the AM.  I also eat some other dairy products.  I heard that corn is a no-no but I have not discontinued everything with corn syrup.

I am open to any suggestions based on your personal research.

So, so grateful!

Devie

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Devie,

Here is the online Merck Manual link to Minocycline. Just click on the drug interactions link, as well as the Ethanol/nutrition/herb interactions to check against what you are taking, though it would also be a good idea to double check with your doctor.

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/lexicomp/minocycline.html

This is a great resource for us all, including all the available brand and generic names for minocycline. Maybe worth linking into the “Education” packet?

Generally speaking, it's best to take any supplements well away from mino (at least a couple hours), including probiotics. 

Peace, Maz

richie
    Participant

Hi

Calcium and magnesium for sure should be taken at least two hours away from the minocin –they can absorb the med rendering that dose useless –AS to supplements –it may well not be in the Merck manual as in many cases there is scarce info on supplements –suggest you check with the maker of the supplement

richie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Contraindications’ is closed to new replies.