Home Forums General Discussion Confused and uptight

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

The bottom of my lungs are scarred badly. I also get infection very easily. TLC is 78%. I cough a lot plus shortness of breath. I occasionally have chest pain. When I checked with the Rheumatoid lung disease, I can tell I have it. I also have fluid in the chest. The pulmonary doctor “cleaned up and suck up” my lungs in Feb. I never felt so great for a very long time.

Every doctor can hear crackles in my lungs. Some part of my skins are blue due to lack of oxygen. I need to get that checked. I have not talked to the doctors about the blue skin problems. 

Parisa of this board mentioned perhaps zithromax IV may be of great help. I may ask my pulmonary doctor for that next time when I get sick with my lung problems.

By the way, I was tested positive with mycoplasma pneumonia. It's 100 titer, which means I was exposed to it. I could not quite understand it.

JB

A Friend
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

The bottom of my lungs are scarred badly. I also get infection very easily. TLC is 78%. I cough a lot plus shortness of breath. I occasionally have chest pain. When I checked with the Rheumatoid lung disease, I can tell I have it. I also have fluid in the chest. The pulmonary doctor “cleaned up and suck up” my lungs in Feb. I never felt so great for a very long time.

Every doctor can hear crackles in my lungs. Some part of my skins are blue due to lack of oxygen. I need to get that checked. I have not talked to the doctors about the blue skin problems. 

Parisa of this board mentioned perhaps zithromax IV may be of great help. I may ask my pulmonary doctor for that next time when I get sick with my lung problems.

By the way, I was tested positive with mycoplasma pneumonia. It's 100 titer, which means I was exposed to it. I could not quite understand it.

JB,

I'm sorry you are having to deal with these problems.  Am wondering if you might be a candidate for MP in the future.  It certainly has proven effective for sarcoidosis, when nothing else was. 

A couple of years ago, I read some very interesting research that was impressive about the benefits of Bromelain in getting antibiotics into the systems of hospitalized patients who were not getting well before this was done.   Am wondering if this taken along with your antibiotic might increase its effectiveness and reach.  The link to the Thorne Research paper is below and covers a number of areas of use: 

Bromelain: A Literature Review and
    Discussion of its Therapeutic Applications

http://www.thorne.com/media/bromelain.pdf

Abstract
    First introduced as a therapeutic compound in 1957, bromelain?s actions include:
    (1) inhibition of platelet aggregation; (2) fibrinolytic activity; (3) anti-inflammatory action;
    (4) anti-tumor action; (5) modulation of cytokines and immunity; (6) skin debridement
    properties; (7) enhanced absorption of other drugs; (8) mucolytic properties; (9) digestive
    assistance; (10) enhanced wound healing; and (11) cardiovascular and circulatory
    improvement. Bromelain is well absorbed orally and available evidence indicates that
    it?s therapeutic effects are enhanced with higher doses. Although all of its mechanisms
    of action are still not completely resolved, it has been demonstrated to be a safe and
    effective supplement.
    (Alt Med Rev 1996;1(4):243-257)

Best of luck to you,

AF

Rockin Annie
    Participant

AB………… Its sounds like you have my condition Bronchiectasis, I don't have blue skin anywhere though, I also get infections easily and have a chronic cough which is very embarrassing for me, but I have learned to live with it and stay as fit as I can with lots of cardio to keep my lungs open.

That lung drain is no pleasant procedure, I had one in March after being on Humira, thats what prompted me to seek AP.  

You certainly are going through some stuff, anything to do with lungs is horrible, I haven't read up on RA in lungs yet but will do, did you Doc say you had that? you should get the blue skin condition checked though.

I have also heard bout the Zith Iv's for lungs, I will certainly let you know if the Iv's I have, help me. I don't understand the mycoplasma pneumonia either, I will have to do more homework.

I hope you stay on top of your infections through you winter, does it get really cold there……………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

JBJBJB
    Participant

AF, thanks so much for the suggestions. I will read it up and double check it. Currently I am a really busy mom with two teenies (12, and 15), working, taking care of the family. I cannot do anything more than AP. I will let AP work for a couple of years and kill enough mycoplasma before I will jump over to other protocols.

Currently I don't know much about my diagnosis. I suspected I started with mycoplasma pneumonia and later, perhaps beta blocker gave me a huge herxing, which I thought “it triggered MCTD”…. then I had C.Diff which made everything worse….. in turn it brought up all the problems one after another. Thank God I do not have Scleroderma. I hope I will never develop into one. AMEN.

Currently my pulmonary doctors believe I have Bronchiectasis. I am more interested in Parisa's hubby's treatment which is Zith IV. That sounds very logic to treat lung infections as well as mycoplasma.

I saved your link and will research it seriously. Thanks so very much, AF, for everything. I really appreciated you took time research it for me. You are really special. 

JB 

JBJBJB
    Participant

Annie,

I felt so much better when I was in Sydney. My mom rented a nice hotel room for us to stay in Manly. The air was fresh and I did not cough much.

If you ever come over here in Indiana, Kim could tell you, it's corn, corn, corn, soy beans soy beans corn soy beans every where you'd go. I am extremely allergic to corn pollen and was tested 3+.  I guess I have to sell my house and move to west coast in the future.

Bronchiectasis is what my pulmonary doctor said. He said it did not look like it was fibrosis. He also suspected I have mild pulmonary hypertension. So I try to stay away from heavy exercise. I pretty much do speed walk.

My doctor also said the reason I cough a lot is I am trying to fight for oxygen. When I give presentations, I cough a lot. So I don't do any presentations.

I admire you live so close to the ocean. It is good for your lungs.

JB 

Rockin Annie
    Participant

JB……..you are the first person I have ever spoken to that has Bronchiectasis! (how can we shorten it) , but so sorry you have it though, on top of everything else. I have tried every diet, every pill, every antibiotic (well nearly) to get rid of this disease only to be told it will never happen. But I am still hopeful!. Is your cough productive or dry? 

I saw your pic of Manly, it is gorgeous, we used to go every Sunday, but the smog in Sydney wasn't doing my lungs any good so we came up here to Cairns which has no smog and is a wonderful place to be, we live 5 mins away from the ocean, we also have mountains as well and go walking in the rain forests often, which keeps me very fit. I couldn't survive without my exercise, it keeps my lungs open.

I would love to visit Indiana, even though I don't like corn, I just love to travel.

Hope you keep on top of this lung prob and get relief soon……….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=807]Rockin Annie[/user] wrote:

I have tried every diet, every pill, every antibiotic (well nearly) to get rid of this disease only to be told it will never happen. But I am still hopeful!. Is your cough productive or dry? 

Annie,

That's why I do not try on any diet. I consider myself eating very healthy already. I cannot give up my pasta and rice. It won't happen. I live to eat. :roll-laugh:  Glad you told me the “end results of diet”…. so I won't even go there.

My cough is very productive, however, when I fight for oxygen, it's dry cough.

Next time when I go to Sydney in the summer time, I hope I will be able to fly down to Cairn. It's a place I always want to visit. You are really lucky to be able to live only 5 minutes from the ocean. I have to spend at least $3,000 USD to get there from Chicago to Sydney to Cairn (round trip). :roll-laugh: 

It's glad to know, sort of, that we both have same health condition. Once they rule out I don't have pulmonary hypertension, I will get back to do more exercise to increase my lung capacity.

:JB 

Rockin Annie
    Participant

JB,  good luck with your diagnosis, I hope they can soon get to the bottom of it. ……….Annie

Jo
    Participant
    JBJBJB
    Participant

Jo,

Thanks for looking up MSM for us. What is this stuff. I have not really paid too much attention to it.

Jo
    Participant
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

I looked up Bronchiectasis – interesting that the major problems are inflamation caused dilation and inelasticity/scaring- both items that MSM is said to effect.  I will most likely forget, but if you remember, I'd really, really like to know, in about 6 months,  if there is any MSM side effect that improved your Bronchiectasis symptoms. 

Jo……I get very excited when reading about MSM, I will make a note  for 6 months down the track and will definately let you know how it effect my Bronchiectasis. I also read it was great for snoring, so have my hubby on it also :roll-laugh:………….Annie

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘ Confused and uptight’ is closed to new replies.