Home Forums General Discussion Combination treatment: Mino, Flagyl & Nizoral

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Woods1977
    Participant

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can find good documented research regarding the use of Minocycline, Flagyl and Nizoral as a combination treatment for RA? I

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Woods:

I don’t know about the scientific proof, but my husband (RA) did a combo of mino, zith and Flagyl. He was on the mino first, then added the zith. He was stable and improving slowly, then the doc added Flagyl and ZAP! The big bakers cyst on his elbow was gone within days! It had been there for months and had not changed with 6 weeks of mino and 4 weeks of mino and zith.

Also, my daughter (SD) used Flagyl with mino and it was the only antibiotic on which she experienced a herx reaction. She did the Flagyl approximately a year after starting mino.

Just our experience with combo antibiotic protocols.

Cheryl

richie
    Participant

Hi I cant think of his name but a doctor in Georgia and Tn used this protocol with good success –in fact I think he also used it on himself as he had RA

Richie

Anonymous
    Participant

Is there a specific name or scientific background for this protocol?

Anonymous
    Participant

Here’s a quote from an other website:

She wanted to put me on larger doses of plaquenil and start MTX immediately. I asked for Minocin. She refused. Fortunately I had become adept at surfing the net. Within two months I had the name of a doctor three hours from me. Dr S in Chattanooga, TN. Everyone had glowing thing to say about him. I had my first appointment May of 2001.

Dr. S is a bit of a maverick as far as the protocol goes. I began immediately on 100mg of Minocin twice a day and 200 mg Nizoral once a day. Later on Flagyl was added. I kept waiting for the herx that everyone talked about. It never came. Each day slowly my pains melted away. Each month my bloodwork dropped toward normal. After two months I was off all meds except an occasional aspirin. Life had never been better. After five months all my blood tests were normal. This was October of 2001.

I am now on a maintenance dose of 100 mg Minocin three times a week. After a year of complete remission I wrote my old doc a letter. So far it has gone unanswered.”

http://www.rheumatic.org/martha.htm

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Here is a link to the protocol and the website that I found the information on years ago.

http://www.cpnhelp.org/treatment_protocols

One of the two protocols listed is the “Stratton” protocol. He is a researcher at Vanderbilt University and I suspect if you searched you could find some of his research.

Regards~

Cheryl

marypart
    Participant

It reminded me of some other protocols, like the Marshall protocol and I found this link with a nice list of protocols, although they don’t define them with meds, dosages, etc. It’s a nice start if you are new to it, though.

https://chronicillnessrecovery.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=214&Itemid=5

Woods1977
    Participant

Ahh… this is exactly the kind of stuff I’m looking for. I’m doing decent right now, but something is missing. Thanks to everyone who posted, I appreciate your feedback!!!

PhilC
    Participant

What dose of mino are you on now?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.