Home Forums General Discussion Coffee and RA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I've read several studies that point to those that drink coffee have a higher incidence of RA directly related to the number of cups they drink a day.

Also have read studies that connect a positive RF with coffee…such that coffee consumption is thought to lead to some predisposition to RA.  :headbang:

I'm wondering if any of you notice any difference when you consume coffee.

I miss you coffee…:crying:

Say it isn't so.

– – whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

A Friend
    Participant

[user=217]whaleharbor[/user] wrote:

I've read several studies that point to those that drink coffee have a higher incidence of RA directly related to the number of cups they drink a day.

Also have read studies that connect a positive RF with coffee…such that coffee consumption is thought to lead to some predisposition to RA.  :headbang:

I'm wondering if any of you notice any difference when you consume coffee.

I miss you coffee…:crying:

Say it isn't so.

– – whaleharbor

Whaleharbor,

Coffee, along with sugar and meat are considered to be in the highly acidic category.  (I finally learned after years of trying to figure this out…. that people who develop chronic illnesses usually do so after gradually, over a period of time, become more and more acidic.  This condition can get bad enough that we run out of available minerals to neutralize these acids, and we develop pain that will not go away.  This can happen because of a long-term deficiency of magnesium, which can actually cause bone lesions, etc.)  Learning this, and doing months of research, reading, and modifying my diet and adding especially a MagChlor85 magnesium supplement, has finally gotten my pH from a constant very acidic level to a normal pH range.  (It will take a lot longer for the damage done prior to learning this to recover … if it ever  can/does. )

Now to your question about coffee.  I think it is related.  I, too, enjoy coffee… the real thing.  I've found that by following the diet I've been on since late 2006 (of removing the acidic foods/drinks, and taking the supplements I've taken), I can still have my morning coffee… and occasionally have it other times and/or at special occasions. 

For a while several years ago, I felt I had to self-medicate with a cup of coffee … or I had to take a nap.  This was the result of low oxygen in my body, mostly because of the acidic/anerobic condition I'd developed because of the acidosis which also fostered the multiplication of all sorts of unfriendly organisms — they love an acidic body and thrive in it. 

A long answer to your question.  But, I think the key to our being able to drink coffee, in moderation, lies in our becoming aware of how acidic we are, by measuring our pH, and making sure we get ourselves in a healthy pH range and keep ourselves there.  It's a shame we all weren't educated about this ages ago.  Reversing this condition takes some time, but well worth it… and I don't think there is another good alternative.  Here is a link that shows some of the problems that develop when we run out of mineral stores (especially magnesium) which is needed for neutralizing acids so they can be excreted through the kidneys: 
    http://www.mgwater.com/benes.shtml

(I intend to share a rather profound medical report I got this week after CT scan and Nuclear Bone Scan this past Monday.  But, plan to post this in a separate topic.  A clue to the outcome though, is that the modifications I've done since late 2006 until today, have had a very positive effect on the scan results.)

You've made me want a cup of that coffee!  

AF 

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

AF you are brilliant!  I appreciate all of your insight and look forward to your post.  I read and reread all of your posts often and cross reference the info and try to digest it all.

Meanwhile, I will look into the ph thing…

Thank you.

– – whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Parisa
    Participant

My husband greatly enjoys his morning cup of coffee but from almost the beginning of his illness he couldn't even stand the thought of coffee.  He's been enjoying a cup of coffee again for about a year now – one more sign for us of his recovery.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Coffee and RA’ is closed to new replies.