Home Forums General Discussion coconut oil

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

Michelle, here is a link for a bunch of recipes using coconut oil:

http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/index.htm

Trudi, thanks for that interesting article on oxalates.  Good luck with the low oxalate diet.  After looking at the list, just about everything I eat seems to be high. 😯  I'd be curious to know how you test and if changing the diet makes a difference.

I guess people react to foods differently as to what will cause inflammation.  The book I have called The Coconut Oil Miracle states that it is ANTIinflammatory, plus antimicrobial.  You might have hit the nail on the head in that your increased pain could be herx-related, especially since you're so hypersensitive now.

Take care…..kim

JBJBJB
    Participant

Michelle,

Thanks for explaining it to me. I have been super busy and I apologize to repeat those questions. It made me sad to see her beautiful and gorgeous ivory skin turned this dark. I pray for your mom often. On the other hand, it's really great she looks happy and looks like she has some energy. That's really encouraging.

I fully understand your feeling about night shade veggie. If I were in your shoes, if mom loves those veggies, I definitely would do the same thing.

This reminds me of a very sad story. My good friend's mom had type 2 diabetes and she also had cancer. She could not sleep during the night, so she ate her favorite pound cake with milk each night, so she could sleep through the night. My friend found out, was furious, and took away her favorite food. She died within several weeks. Now my friend kept blaming himself for doing that…. It was so hard for every one.

Pray she will continue to improve.

JB 

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Michelle,

Thanks for explaining it to me. I have been super busy and I apologize to repeat those questions. It made me sad to see her beautiful and gorgeous ivory skin turned this dark. I pray for your mom often. On the other hand, it's really great she looks happy and looks like she has some energy. That's really encouraging.

I fully understand your feeling about night shade veggie. If I were in your shoes, if mom loves those veggies, I definitely would do the same thing.

This reminds me of a very sad story. My good friend's mom had type 2 diabetes and she also had cancer. She could not sleep during the night, so she ate her favorite pound cake with milk each night, so she could sleep through the night. My friend found out, was furious, and took away her favorite food. She died within several weeks. Now my friend kept blaming himself for doing that…. It was so hard for every one.

Pray she will continue to improve.

JB

JB, no apology necessary…I promise!  I hope my post did not make you feel bad…I know that in written emails/texts etc. you can't hear people's tone.  Believe me, my tone was in no way harsh, it was meant to be light hearted and if it did not come over that way I need to apologize to you!!

I feel so sorry for your friend. Guilt is a horrible thing.  God took her mom when He wanted her, pound cake or no pound cake.  I guess when you reach a certain age and you've been through the wringer, quality of life is very important.  My mom is young still (66 – 67 in November) but I want her quality of life to be amazing. 

She and I had such a long conversation last night about where we were a year ago.  We talked about the weigh that has been finally lifted off me…that fear and panic is no longer there.  That lump in my gut, that sick, desperate feeling is gone.  She said the same thing.  She no longer thinks about dying and is so much calmer and content and feels good.  We are so grateful!  It's been a hell of a ride.  We're still on the journey to wellness but its a lot less bumpy ride!

My best to you JB.  You know I love ya and I follow your progress daily through these boards – You are in my prayers!  You all are!
    xxoo
    Michelle

Trudi
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Good luck with the low oxalate diet. 

Hi Kim–

It's funny, about 3-4 weeks ago I never heard about oxalate acids, but when Lynnie mentioned it in a post about rhubarb I checked it out and was amazed at what I found.  There is a man who has devoted his last 15 years to oxalic acid and the need for it in your body to fight cancer, viruses and bacteria.  He has two US patents on his findings.  I credit eating a huge amount of foods containing oxalic acids over the last 4 to 5 months and the fading of my rash.  I don't know if you remember how bad my rash was when I showed it to you at Patti's last summer.  In the past months it has faded considerably (along with a huge amount of herxing)–to the point I can wear capris without being embarrassed.  Here is some info-

If you are experiencing pain it may be elevated for a short period when the oxalic acid begins to kill the virus.   Follow the procedure for determining when you can begin to reduce the amount of pain pills necessary.  And remember this procedure is based on virus being the cause of all arthritis.

http://www.coljoe.com/arthritis.htm

I have never had a problem with oxalic acids–however, I have also not had to deal with a chronic disease that has interrupted my body's ability to maintain a healthy balance of its workings. 

The test (OATS) measures imbalances related to oxalic acid metabolism.  Under the heading “How can high oxalates be treated” it indicates a number of areas including yeast and fungus which are of concern to healing with Lyme.  BTW, I've mentioned this before, there is a new book out–April, 2010, The Lyme Diet, by Nicole McFadzean, which devotes an entire chapter:  “The Lyme Diet is Low Oxalate”.  I'm going to buy it just to read about her rationale. 

Much of this information keeps arriving in my inbox without any effort on my part.  I can't help but think there is some divine coincidence.  At the moment I am cautious as to my oxalic acid intake, but not too much so.  I also think this Col Joe is on to something.  I'll keep posting what I find–

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Kim
    Participant

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

Hi Kim–

It's funny, about 3-4 weeks ago I never heard about oxalate acids, but when Lynnie mentioned it in a post about rhubarb I checked it out and was amazed at what I found.  There is a man who has devoted his last 15 years to oxalic acid and the need for it in your body to fight cancer, viruses and bacteria.  He has two US patents on his findings.  I credit eating a huge amount of foods containing oxalic acids over the last 4 to 5 months and the fading of my rash.  I don't know if you remember how bad my rash was when I showed it to you at Patti's last summer.  In the past months it has faded considerably (along with a huge amount of herxing)–to the point I can wear capris without being embarrassed.  Here is some info–

Hey Trudi,

I do remember your rash, ooooh it looked so itchy and painful and was huge.  The fact that your rash is healing CANNOT be a bad thing. 😉  I swear you are the queen of herxing around here. :crying:   Sorry.

Hope you have a great weekend and that your plans include some time with your adorable grandson.

Take care…..kim

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Kim,

I also started to use the coconut oil and on the beginning I had a real problem with it, lots of skin coming off, but now the hands are nice and smoother than in years. Now about the redness I found this interesting info yesterday on the internet when I checked for the problem I had with the leg cramps. It started to take electrolytes, so yesterday I checked some more and there was also an article there about chemo causing the redness. the problem is called: Hand-Foot Syndrom or Palmar-Plantar Erythrodysesthesia.

Anyway the coconut oil is helping, and I will stick with it.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Trudi
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

The book I have called The Coconut Oil Miracle states that it is ANTIinflammatory, plus antimicrobial. 

Hi Kim–

This is the resource that said coconut oil is very inflammatory–

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fats-and-oils/508/2

I just googled coconut oil and inflammation and the majority say it is anti-inflammatory.  Guess the above website isn't as good as I thought it was :(.

My husband and I babysat our grandson last night.  He's 18 months old now, chases all over the place and loves to give hugs and kisses.  I absolutely adore him!!

Eva–

You are so right to stick with what works–coconut oil has so many good properties, that is why we continue to use it in our cooking–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Trudi – I think it was Lynne_G who wrote about rhubarb. Actually I have been using an organic kale and umeboshi broth as a gentle liver support and cleanser. I found it on the site of someone I know who was given the recipe as a great support for the liver through chemo. Umeboshi is made from the Japenese ume plum, has mega amounts of anti-oxidants in it. Kale also is packed with great nutrients – though also oxylates. However, it really worked to clean my liver out. I passed lots of “sludge” (as well as some parasites!). Most importantly it brought my liver enzymes back into normal range. Lynnie 

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=38

http://www.mitoku.com/products/umeboshi/healthbenefits.html

http://www.bethnielsenchapman.com/index.php?page=recovery (scroll down to Gabrielle's Woner Soup!)

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

[user=2351]aynurrzepa[/user] wrote:

I use it all the time as well. Indeed, it is a miracle oil. I take 3 tbsp every day and even did detox which involves 14 tbsp a day with lemon/sea salt lemonade and nothig else (fresh coconut is allowed) for 3 days. I felt no hunger and it did me good.

I give it to my kids, hubby, I cook with it when possible, use it as moisturiser and having SD, it just really softened my skin and helped heal fingertip ulcers. Thanks to it, my good cholesterol is so high that it counteracts my rather high bad/total cholesterol to the ratio which means 0 heart decease risk.

I'd recommend it to everyone. It helps cholesterol, atherosclerosis, diabetes, when your gall bladder is removed, when you are over or under weight, not to mention all autoimmune deceases and many more. I use it for my son's nappy area and nothing else. He never had a nappy rash.

It shoudl be virgin organic for the needed results. Also use cocnut milk, cream and young coconut water, eat shredded fresh coconut for the fiber. Coconut oil and fresh coconut feed the good bacteria and kills the bad, also kills fungi, wards off viruses and kills mycoplasmas as well and all those microbes that give us all so much grief! Avoid hydrogenated or “pure” versions, they are the bad ones because of which coconut oil had bad reputation.

It contains medium chain fatty acids MCF only found in breast milk in similar quantities and that just speaks for itself. They add MCF in baby formulas to make it closer to the breast milk, to help build healthy immune system etc.
    Big thumbs up 😀

Aynur

I have it but did not know about all of this and have been trying to find more antifungal agents besides the GSE. using the oil of oregano and the Pau D'Arco as well.  Thank you all so much.  Aynur do you take the 3 tablespoons at the one time – just eat it.  or can you? or spread it out over the day. sure would love to kill those mycoplasma and so very interesting about the psoriasis. Also do you have to refridge on opening  It does not say.  I bought it at the health food shop. Many thanks eveyone

[user=2351]aynurrzepa[/user] wrote:

I use it all the time as well. Indeed, it is a miracle oil. I take 3 tbsp every day and even did detox which involves 14 tbsp a day with lemon/sea salt lemonade and nothig else (fresh coconut is allowed) for 3 days. I felt no hunger and it did me good.

I give it to my kids, hubby, I cook with it when possible, use it as moisturiser and having SD, it just really softened my skin and helped heal fingertip ulcers. Thanks to it, my good cholesterol is so high that it counteracts my rather high bad/total cholesterol to the ratio which means 0 heart decease risk.

I'd recommend it to everyone. It helps cholesterol, atherosclerosis, diabetes, when your gall bladder is removed, when you are over or under weight, not to mention all autoimmune deceases and many more. I use it for my son's nappy area and nothing else. He never had a nappy rash.

It shoudl be virgin organic for the needed results. Also use cocnut milk, cream and young coconut water, eat shredded fresh coconut for the fiber. Coconut oil and fresh coconut feed the good bacteria and kills the bad, also kills fungi, wards off viruses and kills mycoplasmas as well and all those microbes that give us all so much grief! Avoid hydrogenated or “pure” versions, they are the bad ones because of which coconut oil had bad reputation.

It contains medium chain fatty acids MCF only found in breast milk in similar quantities and that just speaks for itself. They add MCF in baby formulas to make it closer to the breast milk, to help build healthy immune system etc.
    Big thumbs up 😀

Aynur

Anyur it does not say whether to refridge so I guess you do not need to. It is still an oil though so I guess 3 tablespoons a day would be way too much  for me hey. No gall bladder.

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi Rosemary,

Yep, it doesn't need refrigerating and can indeed stay well at temps well above 25C for a long time without going bad. I take all my 3 tbsp at once in the morning, before or after breakfast. Avoid taking it after 6 pm as it may energyse you interrupting your sleep.

As for your GB – it is INDICATED that you take coconut oil.

this is what N.D. Bruce Fife in his book Coconut Cures says:

“Those who have gallbladder decease or gallbladder removed should avoid using all other types of oils and fats. Use coconit oil exclusively in all cooking. Use as much as your body can tolerate. This will vary from individual to individual. Fat is important in diet as it's necessary for the proper digestion and assimilation of many important nutrients. Without adequate fat in the diet, you can develop nutritional defficiencies. Many protective antioxidants are fat soluble vitamins that require dietary fat for optimal absorbtion.”

I found I cannot use it in all my cooking. I can only use it in certain receipes, e.g. cooking fish, curries, exotic dishes where enough spices or flavours are used to nutralise the bit overwhelming coconuty taste. I also use coconut milk and coconut cream. In fact, I just bought an ice cream machine and today I am trying to make strawberry coconut ice cream.  

Aynur

Anyur  I need the EFA's so I take flax seed oil for that I used to be able to take 10 per day no problem as was recommended by a rheumatologist in the states for all his patients I have to have a certain amount or my D problem returns. Problem is all this oil makes your hair a mess in a day or so.

My daughter will not touch it she is worried about the fat content and calories no trans fats but…….

While you are there the lemon/olive drink is recommended by Dr. GN for pain relief/ herxing.  If you go into his site  you will find it and other wonderful information under  immed.org   'Considerations when undergoing treatment for chronic illnesses and autoimmune diseases'. You might find this very good reading if you have the time to have a peek.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

I think it was Lynne_G who wrote about rhubarb.

Hi Lynnie–

No, it was you–

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=4488&forum_id=1

You have absolutely no idea how your enlightening post has, after much research, led me into a new understanding in the workings of my body–so many pieces of a puzzle are falling into place–so many things are making sense.  I really am grateful for your input.

Take care,

Trudi

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Whoops, yes you're right, Trudi:blush: I got confused there! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Candy
    Participant

I picked up a jar on the way home from lunch with you on Friday. I've found one caveat;). It can be hell on contact lenses.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘ coconut oil’ is closed to new replies.