Home Forums General Discussion coconut oil

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    JOJO19551
    Participant

Hello to all.  I just read a book about the benefits of coconut oil, one being that it acts as an anti inflammatory.  I found the book fascinating and wondered if anyone has any personal experience using coconut oil?  Thanks.  JoAnn

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Jo;
        I have been using it for years and years.Besides being good for your insides it is great as a skin cream.I lather it on all the time and just wipe off the excess.An other good skin product is Jojoba oil as it has such a fine molecule that it penetrates many layers of skin and even finget nails.All other skin care products just moisturise the surface

ideamktg
    Keymaster

It's also an anti-fungal. (Caprylic acid)

Sierra

mj47
    Participant

We've been eating/using it here for several months now.  I bake with it sometimes (makes great cookies), use it as a massage oil – best oil ever!  Afterwards, you're just moisturized, not sticky!  :roll-laugh:  I eat it in my hot breakfast cereal instead of butter & my husband uses it on his english muffins like butter. 
    Not sure if it's related, but since my husband started eating it, his psoriasis has gotten better & better.  When he started eating it, his scalp was covered with psoriasis & it was all over his back, sides, legs, feet, arms & hands.  Now nobody would even know he had psoriasis.  We are not sure what caused it to reverse, but my husband said that he's not going to stop eating it! :roll-laugh:
    We joke that it's the miracle oil because you can use it so many different ways, has so many health benefits & because it doesn't go rancid like other oils.
    love the stuff!

JOJO19551
    Participant

I read how it is good to treat psoriasis and I have a friend that uses it for that.  I ordered coconut oil soft gel tablets.  It sounds like it has alot of good qualities.  I also started using it on my skin and it is very different than any lotion you can buy.  I agree it actually absorbs in your skin muich more than lotions.  I will try eating and see if it makes a difference.  Thanks or the responses.

ideamktg
    Keymaster

I put in in my bath water, too. Lovely soft skin afterward!

Sierra

aynurrzepa
    Participant

I use it all the time as well. Indeed, it is a miracle oil. I take 3 tbsp every day and even did detox which involves 14 tbsp a day with lemon/sea salt lemonade and nothig else (fresh coconut is allowed) for 3 days. I felt no hunger and it did me good.

I give it to my kids, hubby, I cook with it when possible, use it as moisturiser and having SD, it just really softened my skin and helped heal fingertip ulcers. Thanks to it, my good cholesterol is so high that it counteracts my rather high bad/total cholesterol to the ratio which means 0 heart decease risk.

I'd recommend it to everyone. It helps cholesterol, atherosclerosis, diabetes, when your gall bladder is removed, when you are over or under weight, not to mention all autoimmune deceases and many more. I use it for my son's nappy area and nothing else. He never had a nappy rash.

It shoudl be virgin organic for the needed results. Also use cocnut milk, cream and young coconut water, eat shredded fresh coconut for the fiber. Coconut oil and fresh coconut feed the good bacteria and kills the bad, also kills fungi, wards off viruses and kills mycoplasmas as well and all those microbes that give us all so much grief! Avoid hydrogenated or “pure” versions, they are the bad ones because of which coconut oil had bad reputation.

It contains medium chain fatty acids MCF only found in breast milk in similar quantities and that just speaks for itself. They add MCF in baby formulas to make it closer to the breast milk, to help build healthy immune system etc.
    Big thumbs up 😀

Aynur

Kim
    Participant

Love, love, love, coconut oil!  I cook with the organic virgin coconut oil and also use it on my skin.  The health food store sells coconut oil in a jar for topical use, but I don't like it as well as the kind you eat, so I put some in a small jar to use as a skin cream.

Take care…..kim

Alli
    Participant

This is great news.  I am going to buy some as soon as I get to a big town.  I can't wait to start using it both orally and topically.  I wasn't sure until Kim's post (thank you Kim), which one I should use for my skin but cooking oil it is.  

I also called a very good friend of mine who appears to have psoriasis in her scalp (but has not been able to get a diagnosis).  She is vacationing in Washington and is going out to buy the stuff today!  Sure hope this works. 

Thanks for the info!

Alli

Kim
    Participant

Alli,

It comes in a jar (like a mayonnaise jar) and is in a solid form, more like Crisco than oil.  I've only found it in the natural/health food section in the large groceries, not in with the regular cooking oils.  If you have access to a health food store or Whole Foods you won't have any problem finding it.

Let us know what you think.

Take care…..kim

Alli
    Participant

Kim

Thanks, I will be looking for it this next week as I pass through Sioux Falls and Sioux City on my way to see Dr. S for round #2!!!  Now, I don't care much for coconut taste but I love the smell.  Looking forward to trying it. 

Hope you're having a great summer…..Alli

swati123
    Participant

EXCEL COMBINES

MeritVCO Virgin Coconut Oil for Sensitive Skin, Psoriasis, Dermatitis or Eczema.

If you have sensitive skin or would like to avoid a rash or irritation you should use only natural and organic products. Organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil is one of the most stimulating and uplifting oil for sensitive skin and can be classified as top or top grade skin oil.

If coconut oil is extracted from coconut milk it is classified as 100% virgin coconut oil. It usually has a wonderful, very light fresh coconut smell and contain the high content of Lauric Acid

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Hello all!  Resurrecting this thread…
    I just purchased some Organic Coconut Oil and have a question:  Everything I've read states that people lose weight when taking the 3 tablespoons per day.  Mom can't afford to lose any more weight but me…I definitely can – what have you all noticed with regards to weight loss?  I know it boosts metabolism.  Hoping it will aid in absorption and digestion for her but not make her drop weight.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Blessings,
    Michelle & Kathy

aynurrzepa
    Participant

[user=1335]mkbeeliever[/user] wrote:

Hello all!  Resurrecting this thread…
    I just purchased some Organic Coconut Oil and have a question:  Everything I've read states that people lose weight when taking the 3 tablespoons per day.  Mom can't afford to lose any more weight but me…I definitely can – what have you all noticed with regards to weight loss?  I know it boosts metabolism.  Hoping it will aid in absorption and digestion for her but not make her drop weight.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Blessings,
    Michelle & Kathy

Hi there,

It works both ways. If you need to loose weight, you loose it, if you need to gain weight, you will put weight on to the healthy limit. It's used for malnourished people, children, babies. I've also ordered some coconut flour and will experiment trying to make pancakes using coconut flour and coconut milk. If the taste of pure coconut oil is not very pleasnat (to some), using organic coconut milk or cream will give you the required effect as well. You would need to have more milk than you would oil. Try to fit it into your mum's diet. The coconut fiber in the coconut flour is great for feeding good and starving the bad bacteria – I think it's one of the best natural ways of controlling candida and GI health in general.

Hmmm, let me go get some coconut milk before bed!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=2351]aynurrzepa[/user] wrote:

Hi there,

It works both ways. If you need to loose weight, you loose it, if you need to gain weight, you will put weight on to the healthy limit. It's used for malnourished people, children, babies. I've also ordered some coconut flour and will experiment trying to make pancakes using coconut flour and coconut milk. If the taste of pure coconut oil is not very pleasnat (to some), using organic coconut milk or cream will give you the required effect as well. You would need to have more milk than you would oil. Try to fit it into your mum's diet. The coconut fiber in the coconut flour is great for feeding good and starving the bad bacteria – I think it's one of the best natural ways of controlling candida and GI health in general.

Hmmm, let me go get some coconut milk before bed!

Thank you so much for your reply.  Great information!  Interesting about how it works both ways.  I need to figure out how to get it into our diet.  I need to taste it myself – haven't done that yet.  I am kinda scared to.  Don't want to gag.  Maybe holding my nose and just eating a tbsp here and there won't be so bad…it smells heavenly though!

This song keeps running thru my head “you put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up…” Pina Coladas anyone?  :roll-laugh:  Time to haul out the blender maybe?

Blessings,
    Michelle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘ coconut oil’ is closed to new replies.