Home Forums General Discussion clarithromycin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    leerobert
    Participant

Hi, wondering if anyone has any feedback on generic clarithromycin brands. I am able to get Sandoz, Lannet, Hikma, Rising, and aurobindo. Aurobindo is already out and my pharmacist even knew that!! Does anyone have a preference with the brands I have listed. Thanks!

RA diagnosis 2015 - positive anti-CCP. Currently Clarithromycin 500 mg daily; Turmeric supplement; probiotic; fish oil; vitamin D3; MSM. Minocycline therapy from 2015-2017 until developing sensitivities. Gluten free and dairy free diet. Severe dairy intolerance. Tested positive for M. pneumoniae igG

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

I would choose Sandoz. Most of the others are made in India or China.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

leerobert
    Participant

Thanks, Phil! Sandbox is what we had pharmacy order. He starts 1st dose tonight. Hoping for some good results. Have you ever taken Clarithromycin?

RA diagnosis 2015 - positive anti-CCP. Currently Clarithromycin 500 mg daily; Turmeric supplement; probiotic; fish oil; vitamin D3; MSM. Minocycline therapy from 2015-2017 until developing sensitivities. Gluten free and dairy free diet. Severe dairy intolerance. Tested positive for M. pneumoniae igG

leerobert
    Participant

I typed sandbox but it was suppose to be sanddoz! Phil, I see you are very knowledgeable with this stuff. What is your story, are you in remission, RA, scleroderma??

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Have you ever taken Clarithromycin?

Yes, for one or two weeks, but that was years ago.

What is your story, are you in remission, RA, scleroderma??

I don’t have an official diagnosis because I purposely chose not to see a rheumatologist. For a long time I thought I might have seronegative rheumatoid arthritis. I now believe that I likely had a form of psoriatic arthritis that resembles rheumatoid arthritis.

Yes, I’d say that I am in remission, but antibiotic therapy was not responsible for that — I was 99.5+% free of pain long before I started antibiotic therapy. Antibiotic therapy was helpful in other ways, though. For example, my chronic fatigue and brain fog are now gone. I also had a balance/dizziness problem that is now mostly gone.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.