Home Forums General Discussion Chronic Palpitation & Abx?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

It seems like heart palpitation come and go but seems to get worse with Abx. Many of you have said this can be effect of bacteria being killed but doesn’t really make sense. Why would it make your heart rythem go haywire and how long does this last?

Maz
    Keymaster

Some infections can infect the heart and affect electro-conduction. Take Lyme, for example, which can cause Lyme carditis:

Electrocardiographic progression of acute Lyme disease.

Lyme Carditis: A Case Involving the Conduction System and Mitral Valve.

By researching online (e.g. PubMed or Medscape), you should find many studies implicating infections in heart anomalies.

There are also many other causes of racing heart – everything from anxiety to thyroid disease to electrolyte imbalances.

World, have you read the info on the main site about herxing?

worldofme
    Participant

My blood work is just fine including electro balance. I had blood test every two weeks for potassium and whole bunch other stuff always normal.

This new abx I am taking fosfo very benign abx but powerful is causing palpation.

My ekg and stress ekg complete normal.

What do I do?

In case of Lyme they know what it is and in my case they have no clue.

worldofme
    Participant

TSH and every other thyroid test are perfect.

Do I really need to get a pace maker? I’m getting Holter tomorrow.

But this stuff is scary.

What do I do? My Id is aware of possible infection cause of heart but he said there is not much to do without knowing what it really is.

I’m really in rare medical syndrome form.

worldofme
    Participant

Rehumie wants to start enbrel.

Maz
    Keymaster

What is “fosfo?” Thought you’d already been on enbrel? No docs here, World, so we can’t tell you what to do, only provide ideas to follow up with your doc. My thyroid labs were perfectly normal, too, but I had a toxic goiter that only showed up with an ultrasound and RAI scan. No doc could have diagnosed it from labs alone.

worldofme
    Participant

Fosfomycin….never took embrel, humira yes.

PhilC
    Participant

It seems like heart palpitation come and go but seems to get worse with Abx. Many of you have said this can be effect of bacteria being killed but doesn’t really make sense. Why would it make your heart rythem go haywire and how long does this last?

Yes, it does make sense. If your heart is inflamed due to an infection, attacking the infection with an effective antibiotic will tend to make the inflammation worse — in the short term. Why? Because dead and dying bacteria cause the release of inflammatory cytokines. It’s a way for your body to tell your immune system “Hey, there are intruders here; come and do something about it!”

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.