Home Forums General Discussion Chlorella and Charcoal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kater
    Participant

I am just trying to get my girl going on this Anaplasmosis/Lyme program and wondering about Chlorella. The doc told her to take 4 tabs of chloressence 2 hours after a meal and 2g of activated charcoal but I think I may be misunderstanding. That would make no sense to me to take them together as in my thinking the charcoal would just bind up the chlorella?? Do you think she can take the chlorella with other supps or would it just bind them up? Not sure where to put it into her schedule which is pretty full and she is not very good at managing her timing in the first place (even though she is 20). She is amazing with diet but pill taking is not her strong suit. Anyway, am just looking for input at how to add the charcoal and chlorella to her day during flaring
    many thanks
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

kate – it would seem that chlorella (broken wall) and activated charcoal are used in complementary fashion – especially when removing mercury from the body. See this holistic dentist’s approach to detoxifying after mercury filling removal – it is a cocktail which includes both

http://www.holisticdentist.com/articles/guidelines-undergoing-removal-mercury-amalgam-fillings.html

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

kater
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie
    I had read something similar to this about removing mercury in dentistry–that chlorella and charcoal were both used, but nothing to indicate that they are taken at the same time as this report states. That is what the doc wrote on the paper but it just didn’t make sense to me. I guess it is correct then and I should just be quiet and do what I am told –thankfully I am not always good at that 😆 . This doc does seem very good though and he has added these two things for detoxing/flaring instead of cholestyramine that I am on. Anyway, thanks for your help and have a great day!
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I guess it is correct then and I should just be quiet and do what I am told –thankfully I am not always good at that

And I think that will serve you well! Any chance you can call his office and ask his secretary/nurse whatever to ask him about this? My doc is always happy to clarify through her receptionist if I have a question like this

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

kater
    Participant

Hi
    I heard back from the good doc and he said yes the Chlorella and Charcoal are to be taken at the same time as they are both binders. I should think this would be quite a powerful combo. What he prescribed was 4 caps of Chloressence and 2gr of Charcoal taken 2 hours away from food and any meds or supplements– for flaring during treatment of her tickborne infections. I will get my daughter trying this today and see how it goes. Have a grand day!
    kate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.