Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads Cher…My journey begins

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    clong1057
    Participant

I started in summer of 2010 with hip pain and I just assumed it was from a fall I had taken at the park one day. Then within 6 months it was getting much worse and I had some other joints that we’re giving me pain too,so I decided to see my family Dr. I was also getting very dry eyes n mouth. He suspected Sjrogrens syndrome and possibly RA. He started me on prednisone and sent me to Rhemy. Who said it was SSx and a little Lupus? I told her I hated the way the predX made me feel and didnt want to take it so she switched me to Plaquenil and gave me cortisone shots in my hip and lower back. I felt pretty good the first 3 months…then got the shots again and lasted only 2 months so I was hurting pretty bad for a month until I could get them again then it lasted less than a month and I started getting other pain…Feet,hands,knees, aching legs, along with brain fog. I was getting where I could barely get uo from a chair or out of my car. My brother had driven a woman with severe RA to Iowa for treatments and while there he found out it worked for Lupus too so he brought me a card from RBF and that started my search. I feel very lucky to have found out about all this before I got into all those nasty drugs. Anyway I found a Dr. that does AP a hour from my house and here starts my journey….

August 15,2012 ..First Dr. appt with Dr. T and was started on DoxyX MWF for two weeks. Took my first pill that day and had no effects that Wed. Or Friday…was off for the weekend then started again Monday…it is now Wed. So one full week on AP and not much happening other than sort of hot flashes and slight nausea..no herxing which I was almost hoping for to know its working but I think I read it could take awhile. I am also cutting wheat, dairy n sugar.and taking probiotics and vitamin C..ugh gonna be tough but if it helps I’ll do it. Next week she says to up to 100mg. Twice a day MWF. We will see if I get any changes.

August 24…end of second week had a slight headache a few days this week and my feet are killing me but I was standing all day at work so can’t figure that in. Hands seem to feel a little better but not many other changes…did good on cuttin the dairy and wheat also almost no sugar..lost 3.8 lbs. this week. I’m trying to do that though through Weight Watchers. Still don’t seem to be herxing at all, although don’t know what it feels like so not sure. That’s about it for today..

clong1057
    Participant

August 27, 2012 – Seems like I am having less difficult time getting up from a chair and hands feel a little better but I’m still not sure if it is the APx or the cortizone shot. I am hoping by the next visit to Rhumey I won’t need the shot. It only lasted about 3 weeks last time so I am hoping this kicks in and I start feeling better. I started back to the eliptical machine at the gym today but only did 20 minutes then went swimming for 45 minutes. Feel so good in the water. I don’t want to push the workouts to fast. Doing pretty good on recommended diet from Dr. T and we will see how it goes. Still having slight headache and occasional nausea but not to bad. Started 1- 100mg. doxy two times a day MWF today so will see how that goes. Still not getting much herxing. This is just the start of the 3rd week though.

Sept. 12,2012 – Feeling pretty good, still getting slight headaches, nausea subsided. I still have the brain fog quite often and feet hurting. Hands were feeling much better but I flipped my riding lawn mower over on top of myself and had to push it off so now wrists hurting and some bruises (very lucky not worse) I still have not herxed which is kind of disappointing in a funny sort of way. I am doing a 5K this Saturday for Breast Cancer so that’s pretty good. Will see how I’m feeling after that. Still have some hip and back issues but not bad at all but still waiting to see if the cortizone shot wears off. Not much else has changed lately. Added a little more probiotic.

clong1057
    Participant

December 13, 2012

Sorry I’ve been away for so long. I was doing pretty well although still having quite a few symtoms. I could get up from a sitting position much better. It has been since August that I’ve had a cortizone shot and very little hip pain which is great.
    Have had some problems this week with severe headaches, feeling suddenly hot with no fever, and shocks shooting up my spine. Went to chiropractor. Still not sure if it helped..I guess the shocks are gone but still have headache and hot flashes. I also am having some difficulty breathing in the diaphram area while walking so not sure if the Chiropractor got a little to carried away or if something else is up. Gonna give it a few days. I had not gotten blood work for awhile so I went this morning to see if anything is unusual. Dr. T also did vitamin D test and Lyme. Will see what happens. It is a up and down battle. I have also been working 12 hour days which I know is not good but I need the money. Will have eleven days off after next Friday and am going to get some rest…a lot of rest..lol Not much else at this time. I’m considering asking Dr. T to try Mino instead of Doxy. Seems like people do much better on that to me. They don’t like to give it to people with Lupus though so will see. I’ll be back when time allows. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.