Home Forums General Discussion Chelation Therapy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Valsmum
    Participant

Has anyone had IV chelation therapy ? I am intrerested in it or at least hearing about personal stories of those that have tried oral chelation therapy or IV chelation therapy? I wonder if any of the heavy metal tests found online are any good?

I read that eating cilantro is good for binding metals and it is a natural chelator.I would be interested in seeing if countries where cilantro is eaten everyday if they have as many cases of autoimmune disease or arthritis as countires that don’t eat it often. This also makes me wonder if in countries where vaccines are not offered if there are less cases of autoimmune diseases.
    Thanks.

Michele
    Participant

Hi Valsmum,
    Like you, I’m interested in chelation. I’ve been doing a lot of reading about it and have tried a few things not very satisfactorily. Everything I have read online advises to work with someone very knowledgeable in chelation. And I’ve observed in online reading that there is no agreement on what method is truly safe. I’ve worked with several docs on chelation and only OSR seemed to be a tolerable way for me to chelate. But that was taken off the market by the good ole FDA.

I’m going to post a synopsis of what I’ve tried and how I felt.

Cilantro: it moves metals for me. I feel horrible the day after eating Cilantro. I had an NP that did muscle testing prescribe Cilantro without a binder and after 4 months of it I kept getting sicker to the point of intolerable, so I stopped. Later I learned that a binder is necessary along with Cilantro. If I accidentally eat a cuisine with fresh cilantro, it makes me have fatigue and flu-like symptoms the next day. Thai Soups or mexican foods can do this.

OSR was a product introduced by Boyd Haley for the Autism community. That worked for me. And then…the FDA took it off the market because Haley classified it as a supplement and the FDA deemed it as a pharmaceutical that needed to go through Clinical studies / trials. I don’t know if Haley is pursuing this to bring it back onto the market. I hope so. But, I suspect he may not have the financial backing to take this “drug” through the expenses of clinical trials. It was the most tolerable chelator I’ve tried. Dr. Klinghardt mentions this as something he used when it was on the market.

FIR sauna – made me really sick from moving toxins around. Metals are part of this, I surmise. I don’t know if my cheap-o tent sauna from e-bay is not safe or if I am so filled with microbes and toxins that a small amount of Sauna really stirs things up. Yet, the FIR sauna is highly recommended by my doctor to most people to remove toxins such as heavy metals.

DMSA suppositories – my doc prescribed a combo of glutathione / DMSA to be compounded for me. It is economical and can be done at home. That appealed to me. Two months ago, I tried three days of it and it scared me. As that link Parisa posted (thank you Parisa!!) I experienced some very intense brain fog and using it knocked me out of a two month remission from pain. I am also experiencing more CNS issues such as numbing on my left side since then. I don’t really know if I should proceed with this…my gut instinct says not to, but I’m at a place in my recovery that my current doc is saying she can’t heal me further unless we get the metals out. Her preference is IV chelation. That’s out of my budget. Rock and a hard place here.

I’ve been taking supplements to remove metals for a couple of years: garlic, MSM, NAC, apple pectin, Chlorella. This has been tolerable, but my doc says it is way to slow of a process to do it that way.

(NDF is another chelator in supplement form that I’m aware of but haven’t tried.)

IV Chelation: I had one small dose of IV Chelation and it did make me herx a few days after the chelation…in a “good” kind of herx. It was very controlled and short in duration. I see people at my docs office doing IV Chelation all the time…but for me it’s a 4 hour drive and $150 for each IV. 30 sessions @ $150 each with a $600 challenge at the beginning and end points to measure progress. It’s out of my budget for the longterm.

My frustration right now is knowing how to safely (and economically) chelate heavy metals. I’m fairly certain it is one of my issues causing my illness. Anytime I do anything to “move” metals purposefully or accidentally it causes an enormous reaction. So, how to get them out safely??? I also want to know what other people have experienced as helpful and safe. I’d like to know if people keep chelating if the metals are finally all removed and they are healthy again.

Michele

Merla
    Participant

I had all the metal removed from my teeth about a year and a half ago. I went to a dentist that used safe methods to remove the mercury. I was lucky and could do the removal in one visit to the dentist. I went immediately from the dentist visit to my doctors office and had an IV push for chelation – not sure but I think it was DMSA? I went for that push once a week for 4 weeks. I decided not to test for metals because I’d chose to spend the money on the chelation. My doctor said 3 or 4 of the IV pushes should do the job. I never felt any symptoms. I’m sure I was rather lucky.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.