Home Forums General Discussion Checking in

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd quickly touch base.  I've been out-of-town the last two weeks helping my elderly mother move from her house to a retirement home.  Note…..people really should keep up with clearing clutter……..magazines that are 10 years old should be pitched! :doh:

I came home for a mini-break and then will head down south again to finish cleaning out the house.  There are 6 file cabinets with my name on it to go through page by page. 😯  There is no internet at her house so I'm pretty out-of-touch with board duties.  Sorry. 🙁

Thanks for understanding…….kim

judy cash
    Participant

Hi Kim,

Wondering where you have been. I know what a job it is to go throught all your mothers belongings. When my mother passed away 8 years age, we had to do the same thing. We could not believe all the stuff. And for me it was so sad to throw away anything, because, it was “her” stuff. Of course, I know that you are just relocating her.

Well, you have been missed! Hope it all goes well for you.

Love,

judy

Seaside Shell
    Participant

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the tip about keeping clutter to a minimum.  😉  It is good advise and an ongoing challenge.

Take care,

Shelley

Kash
    Participant

My mother, who lived in her house fo 40 years used to laugh and say “you girls are going to have so much fun cleaning out my house”.

Oh my, she was a depression baby and all the saved treasures….you never threw away anything-you might need it!

The only other advice is either ask her or check carefully for things that were hidden for safe keeping. We found Mom's wedding rings, wadded up in tissue, inside shoe box. Had my sister not checked the box…gone.

Be good to yourself!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd quickly touch base.  I've been out-of-town the last two weeks helping my elderly mother move from her house to a retirement home.  Note…..people really should keep up with clearing clutter……..magazines that are 10 years old should be pitched! :doh:

I came home for a mini-break and then will head down south again to finish cleaning out the house.  There are 6 file cabinets with my name on it to go through page by page. 😯  There is no internet at her house so I'm pretty out-of-touch with board duties.  Sorry. 🙁

Thanks for understanding…….kim

MISSED YOU KIMMIE!  Anywhere South by me??!  :roll-laugh:

Blessings,
    Michelle

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

I came home for a mini-break and then will head down south again to finish cleaning out the house. 

What a wise woman you are Kim. Enjoy your mini-break and look forward to seeing you back on the other side of this. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

motherbear
    Participant

Nice to have you back Kim!

Hope your Mum has settled into her new home ok.

Take care

Caroline.

Kim
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.  We're responsible for four seniors right now so I'm feeling a bit stretched thin.  My three little therapists (grandchildren) are coming to visit this weekend which I'm very excited about. :blush:

Kash, you hit the nail on the head about saving everything and finding things hidden away. I'd like to think it's a result of living through the depression, but it's more like a hoarding syndrome. :doh:

Michelle, although I flew through Atlanta, I've been working in the New Orleans area so not in your neighborhood which is too bad because I know for a fact that you are a “fun girl”.  Last weekend was the 5th anniversary of Katrina so another level of sadness down there.  It's all been worth it though because my mother is much happier in the new place and making new friends.

Take care…..kim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Checking in’ is closed to new replies.