Home Forums General Discussion Change of Abx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I am on Rulide & Cilicaine & Mino MWF and have just started Mtx (5mgs) weekly on different days.

I have been having lots of pain in my knees and my feet are doing funny things (yuk), I am to see my Doc in Mellb in Dec this year to see what is going on.

My question is has anyone been on pulsing different Abx and gone back to just pulsing Mino?,  I am thinking about trying this.

Thanks..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=807]Rockin Annie[/user] wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am on Rulide & Cilicaine & Mino MWF and have just started Mtx (5mgs) weekly on different days.

I have been having lots of pain in my knees and my feet are doing funny things (yuk), I am to see my Doc in Mellb in Dec this year to see what is going on.

My question is has anyone been on pulsing different Abx and gone back to just pulsing Mino?,  I am thinking about trying this.

Thanks..Annie

Hi Annie – not sure what you are asking. The first line of your post seems to suggest that you are pulsing mino on MWF. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Lynnie, yes it was a bit confusing, what I meant is,  I am now pulsing Rulide & Cilicaine in the morning and Mino in the evening.  But I am thinking about going back onto Mino alone in the morning & evening and forgetting the Rulide & Cilicaine.

I don't think Rulide & Cilicaine have helped at all and don't want to wait till Dec to change my cocktail of Abx, so I was wondering if anyone has been on a cocktail of Abx and reverted back to just Mino.

….Annie 

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Okay – now I see Annie. Trouble is, any change of regime may cause a herx. And, with the addition of 5mg mtx, you are not going to know whether the dose of mtx you are on is either working or sufficient for you if you are also herxing from a change in abx regime. <span style="color: black]

Methotrexate is a long-term treatment. Dramatic improvement seems to occur in patients within the first month or two.

If it were me, I'd give the mtx a chance to kick in for a month or two before changing anything in the abx protocol. However, I dont have experience of it so cannot give you anything more than a personal view about what may happen. Lynnie[/color]

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kats
    Participant

Hi Annie,

I am currently doing exactly that:  I started over a year ago on Mino MWF w/ Clindamycin 1/day week.  I improved quite a bit, but got impatient and worried that there were other infections that I was not covering.  I then switched to a CPN protocol and went downhill fast. 

So now I am switching back to Mino MWF,  and am doing Clindamycin IVs this time. 

It's still a bit early to see if it's working, but I can say that just dropping the CPN antibiotics made me feel a lot better.

I now fully agree that RAers are really sensitive and low and slow is best.

Good luck,

Katie

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

Yes I am very impatient and my feet/toes are very strange looking at the mo, my toes are turning out and very hard to wear shoes, so dance shoes are way out of the question.  I know what you said is what I should be doing, but like anything I do I always do it like a bull at a gate.

Will think about it some more………..thanks for your imput…………….Annie

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Katie,

So you are having a rough time also, I do hope the new regime works for you, fingers crossed.

I know I should be doing what Lynnie suggested, and I also know that starting the Mtx and going of the other Abx, and staying with the Mino will only confuse me more, but the changes in my pain/feet/toes have scared me very much and I guess I am clutching at anything that will help.  Like you say we are very sensitive and the treatment is very slow.

It helps to know others like you have gone down the  same track, but I might think about it some more, as my hubby is also on my back to leave things alone.

…….Annie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=807]Rockin Annie[/user] wrote:

the changes in my pain/feet/toes have scared me very much and I guess I am clutching at anything that will help. 

Annie – I totally understand how frightening that must be for you.I have had a few problems with my fingers lately that have made me impatient to change things up. I just think one change at a time will give you a better sense of what is helping. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Patti D
    Participant

Hi Katie,
    I just added clindy to my mino as well. What is the dose you are taking as mine is only 200mg of clindy orally once per week along with the mino 100mg daily.

Did this combo help.

Thanks.
    Patti

Patti D
    Participant
    Kats
    Participant

Hi Patti,

I am just finishing up a 7 day course of IV clindy (started at 200mg, and then worked up to 900mg).  I will then be doing 1200mg 1 day/week by IV.

When I first started AP and took oral clindy, the dose was 1200mg 1 day/week  (taken in 4 doses throughout the day).  The combination of mino and clindy did indeed work for me when I first started and I had no problems with such a high dose of clindy.  I understand that as long as you split up the dose throughout the day it shouldn't cause and problems.  I wish I hadn't deviated from this protocol, because I got so much worse on the CPN protocol. 

In my fellow patients opinion you would probably be fine to increase your weekly dose of Clindy to something closer to 1200mg. 

Take care!

Katie

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Annabel,

Just letting you know that I am seeing Lynn this avo (got a cancellation) so will be asking her what's going on & will let you know. 

ps : don't throw away the dance shoes yet !!!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ Change of Abx’ is closed to new replies.