Home Forums General Discussion Cautiously Optimistic

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jasregadoo

I’m about 3 months in to AP…today I did a yoga video, and for the first time since this arthritis hit me last summer, I was able to do a cat stretch and a downward dog pose! Neither are difficult poses, generally, but they require my wrists to be in a position that my wrists haven’t wanted to do. I can still see the puffy inflammation in my wrists, my fingers are still puffy, my ankles and knees are tight, my feet are somewhat puffy…I’m not better. But I’m getting better. So I thought I’d share my victory. πŸ™‚

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

good to hear Jas – that’s a very good improvement just 3 months in. You must be very encouraged! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

That’s fantastic news, Jas! πŸ™‚ Keep doing what you’re doing….it’s the long-term trend in improvement you want to keep your sights set on, as you may still experience those steps forward and back for awhile…hopefully, many more going forward! Thanks for your update and keep bringing them when you can…we’re cheering you on and it will be so helpful for other newcomers.

jasregadoo

As predicted, I’ve hit a few roadblocks along the way. Not bad, but just that some days are still better than others.

I went to see my rheumy today, and she was pleased and surprised at how well I’m doing on this protocol. She had been wanting to put me on MTX, but since I’m improving so much, she said I can stick with this instead.

YAY! I’m still on the sulfasalazine, and she said no going off of that until I’m all better. I’m OK with that.

πŸ™‚ Julie

Maz
    Keymaster

@jasregadoo wrote:

As predicted, I’ve hit a few roadblocks along the way. Not bad, but just that some days are still better than others.

Julie, that’s great to hear you’re improving and sounds like you’re well-informed and know what to expect…the ups and downs are common and continue until a sustained remission is reached.

How wonderful that your rheumy is on board, too! πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.