Home Forums General Discussion Can’t control the itch!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

Hello Woods, in the UK we have a product called Sudocrem. It is for all kinds of rashes, acne, sun burn, insect bites…. it contains zinc oxide, nappy (diaper) rash cream. I always have some in the house as it works for anything skin related. I think in the US you have something similar called Desitin ? It may do the trick and its cheap.

Woods1977
    Participant

I’ll check this out Lemons… Many thanks! 😀

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I wanted to update this post in the hope that it might be helpful to someone else in the future.

I decided to take a 7 day sabbatical from AP in the hope of getting the

Woods1977
    Participant

May 12, 2014

Hi everyone- quick update. The Mad Cow rash is slowly going into retreat!

I

A Friend
    Participant

@Woods1977 wrote:

Time to do a test… I purchased an anti-histomine cream for the rash and I’m going to take an oral anti-histomine before bed. The intent is to see if this alleviates my rash, in which case, I might be able to draw the conclusion that perhaps I’m experiencing a “sensitivity” to the herx… ? Or, maybe it’s an allergic reaction.. ?

The rash is a bummer, because aside from the stupid itching I’m feel really, really decent in terms of my RA symtoms.

Woods,

Onset of rashes itching are often baffling. For a number of years now, I’ve purchased several boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, and have kept them onhand. In the past, I’ve had numerous uses for them. One is therapeutic baths, using a whole regular size box in the bath water.

It should be/might be helpful for the itching on your leg if you filled the tub deep enough with warm water to cover your legs and part of your body, and soaked for about 30 minutes or more. It’s relaxing and soothing.

Also, calamine lotion or caladryl lotion is another remedy that might be helpful for the itching, just spreading it on the rash with a cotton ball.

If the rash is caused by internal yeast overgrowth, even mixing a concoction of 8 ounces of cold water and adding 1/2 teaspoon of the baking soda, stirring well, and drinking this every waking hour (and not drinking it an hour before and after meals; nor an hour before and after your abx), Might also help address the itching.

My own AP physician a few years ago suggested I drink 1/2 tsp of baking soda in 8 ozs. water mixture every waking hour for two days to address bone and fascia pain I was having. You are not to drink the soda/water an hour before or an hour after eating — nor close to your medication. He said if my pain was being caused by acidosis, the soda water would relieve the pain. He didn’t think acidosis was causing my pain, but the soda/water solved the fascia pain in two days; and I continued it another day, and the bone pain also went away.

Yeast also is sometimes addressed by topical soda. Dr. T.S. an Italian oncologist wrote about (and spoke about), running a pic line into a patient’s breast tumor (visualizing it on a screen) with soda solution several times over a number of days. Said he could see cancer tumor dissolving. He said he used this for other external cancers, as well. He and others in the medical field maintain cancer is a fungus (this was in Italy, with permission, as they had exhausted all treatments).

Hope you solve the riddle of the itching and something helps soon.

AF

Woods1977
    Participant

***UPDATE*** Sunday, May 18

Quick update- the rash on my legs is about 90% gone. It still itches once in a while, but it’s no longer red and inflammed, and the overall appearance of my skin is just about back to normal.

Based on feedback from another memeber and Dr. S in Iowa, I believe the rash was part of the “die off” response- nothing else. Once I identified the potential problem, I decided not to increase my Mino dose until the rash cleared up; doing so seems to have done the trick. Overall body itching has also ceased. If I continue doing well I’ll plan on increasing my dose another 10 mg on July 1.

Hope this post helps someone in the future who might run into a similar issue. I’ll continue to update this thread if I run into any problems in relation to this item!

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Woods,

I too have most recently developed a ‘rash’ on both legs in the back of my calves. It first started on my left leg, didn’t itch much unless I rubbed it up against something and then it would itch a lot, creating a welt like look. When I noticed it was spreading I went to the dermatologist. By then it had also started on the back of my right calve and he took a scraping and sent it off to be biopsied to see if it was an allergy to meds. Came back no, so he gave me a cortisone cream prescription and that was it. It slowly, and I mean slowly started to fade. I stopped using the cortisone cream as another person (holistic nurse practitioner) told me that just pushes it back inside instead of letting the toxins out (she says all rashes are about the body trying to rid itself of toxins).

So now it has been about 5 weeks and all of a sudden when I got out of the shower this morning I notice two more areas inside my calves are now also showing a rash!!! It hasn’t itched so far and if I didn’t look I might not even know I had it. What the heck???

I have been on the same dose of Minocin since July and added Azithromycin in March after seeing Dr. F in Riverside, CA. I haven;t called him yet about the rash but I’m thinking I probably should. (I live in Florida so can’t just pop over for him to look at it :().

The nurse practitioner recommended baths containing 2 cups epsom salts with 1 cup Apple cider vinegar but haven’t done that combo yet.

Thoughts??? I’m with you on the ugly leg syndrome :(.

A Friend
    Participant

Hi Roberta,

How long have you been taking the 10,000 Vitamin D3?
    Also, do you have a history of yeast/fungal overgrowth?
    In addition, how is your dental health? Do you have any root canals? Have you had wisdom teeth extraction?

I’ve been rapidly learning the past 15 or so months that all of these things “can” be related. Of course, there are many things associated with our illnesses that can be in the mix of our problems.

Best,
    AF

@RobertaAngelina wrote:

Hi Woods,

I too have most recently developed a ‘rash’ on both legs in the back of my calves. It first started on my left leg, didn’t itch much unless I rubbed it up against something and then it would itch a lot, creating a welt like look. When I noticed it was spreading I went to the dermatologist. By then it had also started on the back of my right calve and he took a scraping and sent it off to be biopsied to see if it was an allergy to meds. Came back no, so he gave me a cortisone cream prescription and that was it. It slowly, and I mean slowly started to fade. I stopped using the cortisone cream as another person (holistic nurse practitioner) told me that just pushes it back inside instead of letting the toxins out (she says all rashes are about the body trying to rid itself of toxins).

So now it has been about 5 weeks and all of a sudden when I got out of the shower this morning I notice two more areas inside my calves are now also showing a rash!!! It hasn’t itched so far and if I didn’t look I might not even know I had it. What the heck???

I have been on the same dose of Minocin since July and added Azithromycin in March after seeing Dr. F in Riverside, CA. I haven;t called him yet about the rash but I’m thinking I probably should. (I live in Florida so can’t just pop over for him to look at it :().

The nurse practitioner recommended baths containing 2 cups epsom salts with 1 cup Apple cider vinegar but haven’t done that combo yet.

Thoughts??? I’m with you on the ugly leg syndrome :(.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi AF,

No history of yeast but how do you know, right? I have been on the VitD for over a year, maybe longer. I’m due for bloodwork soon again so can check my levels and also see how everything else is doing.

My dental health is good. I go for checkups/cleanings regularly. I did have all mercury removed in 2007 and wonder if that has something to do with everything that happened after :(. I do have 3 root canals that I have had for years. I recently had a dental thermogram to see if they showed up as a problem and interestingly they did not so dentist felt we can leave for now. I am waiting for her to get certified in Ozone therapy and will have that treatment when she is. (There are no biologic dentists in my area but she recognizes the need for that :(.) I did have a wisdom tooth pulled years ago also. Interestingly, I only had 2 wisdom teeth, 1 top and 1 diagonally at the bottom. I always thought that was strange.

A Friend
    Participant

@RobertaAngelina wrote:

Hi AF,

No history of yeast but how do you know, right? I have been on the VitD for over a year, maybe longer. I’m due for bloodwork soon again so can check my levels and also see how everything else is doing.

My dental health is good. I go for checkups/cleanings regularly. I did have all mercury removed in 2007 and wonder if that has something to do with everything that happened after :(. I do have 3 root canals that I have had for years. I recently had a dental thermogram to see if they showed up as a problem and interestingly they did not so dentist felt we can leave for now. I am waiting for her to get certified in Ozone therapy and will have that treatment when she is. (There are no biologic dentists in my area but she recognizes the need for that :(.) I did have a wisdom tooth pulled years ago also. Interestingly, I only had 2 wisdom teeth, 1 top and 1 diagonally at the bottom. I always thought that was strange.

Roberta,

Realizing that when we don’t know someone, and read a post from them, we can’t know the attitude or demeaner of the person writing to us, I want to assure you what I’m writing is not meant to be confrontational, but based on recent revelations and findings. I want to share some of these more recent findings regarding my own health problems — some of which we may have in common:

(I’d been very healthy all my life, but I had a heavy load and didn’t get a lot of rest — but liked getting things done.) I never saw any of the usual telltale signs of yeast overgrowth the first two years of illness, and I was getting sick about every four months and given 10 days of a heavy duty abx. I’d recover, and this would repeat itself in about 4 more months. At the end of two years, I’d turned into a lifeless vegetable. Was given a copy of Dr. Wm Crook’s book to read. Realized that I may not have seen any overt signs, but I indeed had developed a systemic yeast/fungal overgrowth. There are probably old posts about this, if they weren’t lost when RBFBB had to change systems one time years ago. This needs to be addressed.

I’ve recently learned that fillings I have in my teeth — which were supposedly routinely redone over a two year period to remove the mercury — the mercury is still there, so apparently this was purposely left and covered over. Not only do I have the mercury, but a special tool showed two or three other unhealthy metals in there. (Joy! Joy!)

Also, I learned that I have four cavitations with active infections where wisdom teeth were removed about 6 years before onset of my illness back in early 1990-91. It had presented as “TMJ” about 1989 and an appliance was made. But when I became ill about 1990 and had the first RX, the illness and TMJ pain went away… but the illness returned, moved in and has stayed for too many years — but sometimes I’ve done tremendously well, and other times, crashed and burned… for a time… until I found some kind of solution!

These ongoing, simmering cavitations infections (unknown about by me until very recently) were discovered when I saw a holistic dentist with numerous other designations by his name. (I found it interesting recently when I did a search for Hal Huggins DDS book — may be more initials after his name). Based on all these new things I’ve been learning the last year… and especially the last week… any of us who develop chronic illnesses need to become aware of the possibility of these hidden dental problems. (I need to order Dr. Huggins book for myself — or better still, get it and a kindle.)

Roberta, if you were here at the time I began posting my extreme IBS reactions (early 2013), about a week or two after I began taking high-dose Vit D3 5,000, then you will know the cause of this has been a mystery to me and others. It is not quite the mystery to me now that it was, for it seems in my case the unknown organisms causing the IBS were almost certainly hiding and living in those four long-term cavitations/infections. The dentist I saw sent a specimen to a lab that does DNA testing on these organisms for identification. (I’ve read that these organisms are not usually common to the human body… but I can’t speak with any certainty about that until the report arrives — and I’ve wondered if these organisms are anything like Lyme organisms???)

I also have learned there are still metals in my mouth that are very unhealthy for me. The last day of December 2013, a molar was pulled. I had declined both a root canal and an implant. Some time ago I learned about the hazards of both of these.

There is a lot to deal with at this time in my mouth and with my health. I’ve just had two cataract surgeries, which if I’d been in my right mind, I would not have had. It’s my opinion that these accelerated because for a year I have not been digesting food… but it has just been running through me. I’ve decided to “bite the bullet” and address every one of the above things. I believe my body and I have been “fighting the good fight” for a long time, based on what we knew… or thought we knew. I also believe now after years of dealing with so many challenges, I’ve made a good decision to fix everything my new dentist and I know needs addressing. Hopefully, what I will experience/learn will help some of you, and possibly others.

Good luck, Roberta. I just know you will find what will help you, too.

AF

Anonymous
    Participant

AF,

I want to start by saying I so appreciate you sharing your journey and I am a person who is always open to hearing what others have experienced and learned. I am a firm believer that we can all learn from each other.

It is sometimes (as I am sure you know) overwhelming to think about all that our bodies deal with from mercury to emf’s to all we ingest from our air, water and food supplies.YIKES!!! I try very hard to learn as much as I can and at the same time not allow it all to overwhelm me which is something I know doesn’t help my healing but actually slows it.

I remind myself (as often as I can remember to do so :)) that my body is a miracle and truly has everything it need to heal itself and that is what it is always attempting to do. I am taking each thing one step at a time and trying to live each day with joy and gratitude for all that is right with my body (and there are many things that are thankfully :)).

Here’s to our healing!!!

Again, I really appreciate you sharing

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Roberta,
    @RobertaAngelina wrote:

I have been on the same dose of Minocin since July and added Azithromycin in March after seeing Dr. F in Riverside, CA.

I suspect that the recent addition of azithromycin to your treatment is the likely cause of some of your recent troubles. Are you still taking it?

The reason I suspect the azithromycin is because you suddenly started taking it at a high dose. Azithromycin is better tolerated if one eases into it. Read this page to learn about the approach used by Dr. Stratton to accomplish this:

Stratton Combination Antibiotic Protocol Update: February 2006

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the response. The rash has now cleared for which I am so grateful. I suspect that it may have been part of a Herx. I haven’t noticed any other problems so I have continued on the dose but I will read the link and thank you for posting it.

Roberta

A Friend
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi Roberta,
    @RobertaAngelina wrote:

I have been on the same dose of Minocin since July and added Azithromycin in March after seeing Dr. F in Riverside, CA.

I suspect that the recent addition of azithromycin to your treatment is the likely cause of some of your recent troubles. Are you still taking it?

The reason I suspect the azithromycin is because you suddenly started taking it at a high dose. Azithromycin is better tolerated if one eases into it. Read this page to learn about the approach used by Dr. Stratton to accomplish this:

Stratton Combination Antibiotic Protocol Update: February 2006

Phil

Phil & Roberta,

The link you posted Phil is awesome… and I’m saving it, too, and hoping this link might also be a future source of information.

A few years ago now, my AP physician added pulsed Zithromax three times a week to my regimen, alternating days when I was taking pulsed doses of Minocin. Soon after beginning this regimen, I began having symptoms of sciatica (which I knew nothing about then), but it got worse quickly, and one morning when I put my feet on the floor, I had “the mother of all herxes” when my liver rebelled and painfully incapacitated me for at least a couple of weeks (had to take a pain pill 30 minutes before I could get out of bed. My physician and I took me off all meds and supplements for a month or two. And then still afraid my liver would rebel again, we knew about and decided I should use the ImmunoPro instead of the Rx antibiotics, and starting the whey protein at a fraction of the one scoop recommended. It was an excellent thing for me to do, because part of my liver problems were that my body was apparently unable to digest the meat proteins that have needed amino acids, from which enzymes are the source necessary for making all of the amino acids needed for metabolic detoxification of the body.

Looking back, I can see why my poor liver rebelled, with (1) my body’s inability to digest/supply the necessary amino acids, (2) my taking two antibiotics (Zithromax known to be hard on the liver) that further added to the liver’s heavy load; (3) and knowing from a recent lab report there was an infection that needed such as Zithromax. In my own case,(4) the ImmunoPro was known from Dr. P Cheney’s research to be able to address all three of these things. And in six months, retesting showed the abnormal lab back to normal… and my liver remained happy.

Phil, credit where it is due: You do an awesome job for so many of us.

Thank you so much,
    AF

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.