Home Forums General Discussion Candidiasis, PMS, Defective Immune Responses, Recurring Candiasis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[DRAT! I misspelled Candidiasis in the title and can't access it… oh, well!]

There are those among us don't seem to have yeast overgrowth as a problem (or at least a “known” problem — I hadn't a clue this was my problem at the time either, for I never had any “tell-tale” signs to alert me to it. 

The following is the verbage on research papers sent to me by Dr. William Crook when I first contacted him about 1993-94.  I had become very ill after two years of treatment for a jaw infection which had spread to areas of my head/sinuses, making me very ill all over.  I was told by my internist at the time, that this was a very difficult area to reach and therefore caused resistance to treatment, which only left me worse after the two years.  He didn't tell me to replace good flora with probiotics, and I had not read and learned about them at the time — nor, it seemed, did anyone else know about this except Dr. Crook (a pediatric allergist) and a legion of physicians not too visible apparently in the mainstream.   

Now, to get to the main reason for this post and this new topic.  I've done a number of searches looking for the full abstract below to share with you and others.  Am thinking it may be helpful to understand how certain individuals have more problems with this problem than others. 

After keyboarding it, I sent the following by e-mail to myself some time ago; so just copied and pasted it below.  Can any of you “scientists” among us find a copy of the entire original of this for us?  I tried, but got no place.   

Subject: Fw: Dr. Crooks research papers…Defective Immune Responses…

1) Defective Immune Responses in Patients with Recurrent Candidiasis (by Steven S. Witkin, PhD, Cornell University Medical College, New York City.  (May-June 1985 … Infections in Medicine…(page number too faint to read). 
    [related article found doing a search:  http://drcranton.com/CFIDS.htm ]

2) 

[align=center]PMS and Candidiasis:  [/align]
    [align=center]Study Explores Possible Link[/align]
    [align=center]Jay S. Schinfeld, MD [/align]
    [align=center]Acting Chief, Reproductive Endocrinology[/align]
    [align=center] Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology[/align]
    [align=center]Temple University School of Medicine[/align]
    [align=center] Chief, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology[/align]
    [align=center]Abington Memorial Hospital[/align]
    [align=center] Abington, Pennsylvania  [/align]
    [align=center]Many detractors of the theory associating chronic candidiasis with [/align]
    [align=center]premenstrual syndrome cite the lack of scientific evidence.  This article [/align]
    [align=center]discusses a controlled study in which women with recalcitrant premenstrual [/align]
    [align=center]syndrome and recurrent candidiasis were treated with a combination of [/align]
    [align=center]medication and a yeast-elimination diet.  [/align]
    [align=left] 
    [from: The Female Patient/Vol. 12/July 1987]

Your help with finding a complete copy of this work will be appreciated.  Please feel free to post it under this new topic.

AF[/align]

A Friend
    Participant

Hello All,

Am hoping that some experienced medical document finder can find the abstract posted yesterday, which was the basis for beginning this new topic….

Along with the candidiasis/fungus and defective immune responses topic of this thread, I'd like to share a site I've only recently gone to.  Though I've known about Doug Kaufmann (somewhat anyway) for a long time, he left his regular radio program about the time I learned about him 8 or 10 years ago.  I knew he had a TV show, but never saw the program listed in my lineup. 

Just recently, a friend — who is one of the most knowledgeable people I know in the area of AP and the myriad of problems that may accompany chronic illness — sent me a link to an interview with Doug Kaufmann and an Italian oncologist about fungus and cancer.  The interview with this oncologist  discusses his successfully treating some cancers, which he believes is the same thing as fungus.  This is sure to be controversial, but when my heart races a bit, I keep reminding myself of Henry Scammell's quote in his book, “The New Arthritis Breakthrough”:  “The right to search for truth implies also a duty:  One must not conceal any part of what one has recognizes to be true.”  [an Einstein quote] (Well, we may not know yet what “true” is, but we all I'm sure would truly [pun intended] like to know this truth, whatever “true” turns out to be!)

The Kaufmann site is:  http:///www.know-the-cause.com – Under “Newsletters” there, I just found the following article in one of these by an M.D. on treating fungal infections.  For those of you who've said you know nothing about this subject, this article — and the web site — may be helpful.  I also noticed Dr. Dean as a contributor to the newsletters.  She is an M.D./N.D. and is a very knowledgeable physician in these areas. 

http://www.know-the-cause.com/NewsLetterArticles/tabid/69/newsid449/10/How-I-Treat-Fungal-Infections-A-Case-Study-/Default.aspx

I also first learned about Doug Kaufmann's books written with chapters with input of various MD's and other healthcare professionals — one chapter is by an ophthalmologist.  This is a link to Doug Kaufmann's book, Fungus Link Volume 1, but there are four or more books… written in some sort of sequence, maybe.  Just wanted to make you aware of these.   
    http://www.know-the-cause.com/Books/TheFungusLinkVolume1/tabid/84/Default.aspx

More later…will be away for about a week.

AF

Pip
    Participant

Hi Friend!

Missed you!

Check back on this when you get back!  I'm going to research as this is ME!

Pip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Candidiasis, PMS, Defective Immune Responses, Recurring Candiasis’ is closed to new replies.