Home Forums General Discussion Candida: well this is scary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I don’t know this survey. If you are concerned, you could increase the probiotics. I know someone who takes 8.

Jan

Maz
    Keymaster

@Ruffian wrote:

Went to the wholeapproach.com website and took the survey. My score was 247. And they said 85 or above was severe. Does this mean I should stop abx and concentrate on this instead?

Thoughts?

Hi Ruffian,

Some AP docs will treat with a systemic antifungal, like Diflucan, or a “washthrough,” like Nystatin, either of which can be taken at the same time as doxycycline. 🙂 The only time this might be a problem is if there are others meds in the mix that might be contraindicated with an anti-fungal or if a person might be struggling with liver issues, as Diflucan can be tough on the liver….it interferes with the P450 cytochrome, which is a major detoxification pathway. I have taken Diflucan in the long term as a treatment for Lyme disease and was fine on it, but it’s imperative to watch liver enzymes for any signs of elevation.

The trouble with candida is that probiotics can to prevent it becoming a problem in the gut, but they can’t reverse it once it’s taken root. One would need to be careful with diet, abstaining from all simple sugars (which feed yeast). There are natural candida cleanses or supps available to treat candida, like olive leaf or grapefruit seed extract, for instance.

maz.aust
    Participant

I think with candida we all have to be careful & use probiotics (ie I use a powdered probiotic that is 500b per teaspoon) however have for the past 3 Xmas’ had ulcers etc under my tongue which my doctor maintains is not thrush or anything like thrush but doesn’t know exactly what it is .. when I happens I use Nystatin & amoxill 500mg tablets for 5 days which always clears it up. Sometimes I think it’s important not to become our own worst enemy assuming something is what we think it is before we are checked to make sure of what we are dealing with (for my money beware of online surveys such as this one)

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.