Home Forums General Discussion Can more rib pain be a herx from Alinia?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    marypart
    Participant

John,

I have definitely considered AS and the contribution of Klebsiella to my son’s mix of infections. Has had several glaringly positive Lyme western blots as well as Babesia WA1 positives from Quest and Igenix. So Lyme and Babesia are definitely in the mix.

As for my siblings, the one who had the Hep B vaccine has Reactive Arthritis with not one speck of spinal/axial involvement.

In my family the arthritis has tended to the hands, shoulders and feet.

The most seriously disabled does have rib cage involvement.

All three have definite Crohns. Two have had large sections of bowel removed. One feels completely cured since his last surgery.. although he continues to have what he calls “roaming arthritis” which seems like Lyme.

My son is off of gluten, and if we decide to go starch free, he’d have to eat something, so we might go back on dairy and add in some red meat. I’ve read the book you mentioned… and one of my brother’s says that he always feels better when he does Atkins… so that fits.

Playing around with the diet is definitely in the plan. For now, I think we need some serious treatment of the babesia, since he keeps coming up low on the hematocrit.

Thanks for the ideas.
    Mary

MLTelfer
    Participant

Hi Mary….you have been very nice in reponding to my posts about my 21 year old son havin psoriatic arthritis. I am new to the board and cannot figure out the personal message system. You mentioned about having a doctor on the eastern seaboard that helped your son a lot. I have made an appointment in to see a doctor in Los angeles that looks good, but if you know of one closer to home (Tampa) I would love to reseach him. Could you PM his name to me? Or perhaps email his name to me at mltelf@aol.com? Not sure if this breaks protocol with board rules, but I am tring to figure out who to take him to. He gets out of school in May so he can have herx during the summer if that is what awaits him. Thank you…Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.