Home Forums General Discussion Can Minocycline cause eye and vision problems?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

Interesting for me….my eye pressures consistently were always on the high end of normal. My doctor just said that was normal for me because my optic nerve looked fine. After my flare with my diet change and minocyclene for the first time my pressures were low. Like amazingly low. It is past time to have an eye exam so I will be curious to see if they have stayed lower.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Annette
    Participant

I want to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and the helpful advice, it certainly gives me a lot to research and consider. I will definitely mention it all to the various doctors I need to visit. Thank you again, I very much appreciate all the information provided. I wish you all well, God Bless! 🙂

lorena9
    Participant

Hi Anette:

When i took minocycline i had eye issues. My eyes puffed up, and blurry vision. Sometimes I get that feeling from when I am flaring and my body is super inflamed but when I took the mino, with each dose my eyes were swollen and blurry. I am now taking tetracycline and I seem to be Ok on it.

Annette
    Participant

Hi lorena9, thank you for responding. I am glad that you are feeling better. May I ask what kind of tetracycline you are taking? When I google minocycline it classifies it as an antibiotic tetracycline. Was wondering if there are differences.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.