Home Forums General Discussion buylowdrugs minocin expiration date

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Angelina
    Participant

Hi,

I've been buying minocin from buylowdrugs for 5 or 6 years. My last prescription was filled in April 2010 and I received 200 pills in sealed Stiefel containers. Yesterday I noticed that the expiration date is June 2010.

I called them (they're closed on Sun.) and left a message. I was shocked to see they filled my 90 day order with pills that expire in less than 60 days. I'm hoping to hear from them today and that they will replace the unopened container which I definitely won't use before the expiration date. These pills are old – I think you usually get at least a year before a prescription expires. I've been experiencing flares for the past month. Now I'm wondering if the minocin is any good.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? How is customer service at buylowdrugs? I know they've recently gone to ordering on-line only. Even with their prices having 100 minocin I can't use is too expensive!

Angelina, RA since 1996

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

I had an issue that I needed to contact customer service at BuyLowDrugs several years ago. They were excellent, no argument, just courtesy. I receive my new shipment promptly, and my issue was not their fault but they took full responsibility and corrected the problem.

Cheryl

Angelina
    Participant

That's good to know. When I hear from them I'll let you know how it goes.

Angelina

Angelina
    Participant

Great News. I just talked to buylowdrugs and they will send out replacement prescription. I'm very relieved since I just priced 180 minocin at CVS and they would cost me $701.

I also found out that unlike other antibiotics that lose their potency after expiration date, minocin becomes toxic. Pills that are past their expiration date should be thrown away.

Angelina

[user=961]Angelina[/user] wrote:

Great News. I just talked to buylowdrugs and they will send out replacement prescription. I'm very relieved since I just priced 180 minocin at CVS and they would cost me $701.

I also found out that unlike other antibiotics that lose their potency after expiration date, minocin becomes toxic. Pills that are past their expiration date should be thrown away.

Angelina

What is the cost at buy low for the same amount? 

Reason I am asking is Sigma is having manufacturing difficulties and we are unable to get the one we get here, Their shares has fallen through the floor like many others..  I was thinking maybe my best bet would be to enquire into buy low.  Are they in Canada?  The Sigma mino does not hit the Lyme here.  It does help the heart plus the Mycoplasma Akamin does not work for that.  My next bet would be the Doxy, which is not as strong. However a lady here nearby is using 400 doxy a day for her Lyme,.  She is an American and had it 10 yrs.  I will be in agony to change which ever way it goes so might as well make the  right decision & do my homework.. I ran all over and picked up some spares to last me a while.  Just hope and pray they recover and continue on. Everyone here will be in the same boat. 

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=134]Rosemary Perth Aust.[/user] wrote:

What is the cost at buy low for the same amount? 

Reason I am asking is Sigma is having manufacturing difficulties and we are unable to get the one we get here, Their shares has fallen through the floor like many others..  I was thinking maybe my best bet would be to enquire into buy low.  Are they in Canada?  The Sigma mino does not hit the Lyme here.  It does help the heart plus the Mycoplasma Akamin does not work for that.  My next bet would be the Doxy, which is not as strong. However a lady here nearby is using 400 doxy a day for her Lyme,.  She is an American and had it 10 yrs.  I will be in agony to change which ever way it goes so might as well make the  right decision & do my homework.. I ran all over and picked up some spares to last me a while.  Just hope and pray they recover and continue on. Everyone here will be in the same boat. 

Hi Rosemary,

If this helps, the reason why doxy is used by LLMDs more often is because Lyme is normally treated in higher doses, as per your friend who is on 400mg per day of doxy. This high a dose would be intolerable using minocycline.

Here is a direct link to the pricing page for brand Minocin on the buylowdrugs.com site in Canada:

http://www.buylowdrugs.com/rx-drugs/Minocin.php

If ordering from Canada (and I don't know if it's legal or not to import drugs into Auz?), it's important to state on the order form, “Stiefel brand pelleted Minocin only,” because there is a powdered form, too, that comes in the same colored, two-toned orange/indigo capsule produced by Stiefel.

Hope this helps!

Peace, Maz

PhilC
    Participant

The Sigma mino does not hit the Lyme here.  It does help the heart plus the Mycoplasma Akamin does not work for that.  My next bet would be the Doxy, which is not as strong.

Hi Rosemary,

According to Dr. D, a well-regarded LLMD in Massachusetts, tetracycline seems to be a better choice than doxycycline (and possibly also minocycline). There are a couple of reasons for that, one of them being that the dose of tetracycline is 500 mg t.i.d. (three times a day).

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1429]PhilC[/user] wrote:

According to Dr. D, a well-regarded LLMD in Massachusetts, tetracycline seems to be a better choice than doxycycline (and possibly also minocycline). There are a couple of reasons for that, one of them being that the dose of tetracycline is 500 mg t.i.d. (three times a day).

Phil, that's a very good point. In retrospect, I think I actually did better on tetracycline in my first year in combo with biaxin than doxy now. I've been thinking of asking my LLMD to switch back when I come off the Moxatag. Mind you, that was on the 750mg BID dose used for Lyme and I would only need the lower pulsed dose now for maintenance.

Peace, Maz

[user=1429]PhilC[/user] wrote:

The Sigma mino does not hit the Lyme here.  It does help the heart plus the Mycoplasma Akamin does not work for that.  My next bet would be the Doxy, which is not as strong.

Hi Rosemary,

Phil

Thank you so much Phil & Maz for that information. Do not know what I would have done without you all over the years.  

Never heard that before all the time I have been coming on the board.  Is the tetracycline in a pelleted form, and the 500mg in the one capsule?

When I changed to Minomycin which is all we can get here It helped the heart problems and I am sure the Mycoplasma as well,  as both doxy and minomycin stop  incontinence and Akamin does not, even on 300mg  That is a generic brand here. Yet they tell you to your face they are the same.

Thing is right from the start I have needed a cephalosporin also, as the bacteria went to my heart and my brain immediately.  Must have been a very sick tick. Without, I cannot keep anything down  so when it stops working I will be in bi–g trouble. Have tried to go off it several times with dire consequences.  Last time I learnt my lesson, never again. Now I am left with a little plaque up there which blocks my memory a little and I am a little slow understanding things, sometimes having to read articles about three times before I can understand what they really mean but it may i hope, go, as it has before, but cannot remember what I did to get rid of it. fungus will give you memory loss also, very severe. Fortunately I woke up what was causing it and went for help. The Cephalosporin although not a good choice, I know, is a necessity for me with 22yrs no treatment.  It stops the vertigo symproms or had done, now they are back again.  Dr. was not impressed when I went back hanging onto the walls for balance again and wanted to know what brought that on.  Would have stopped me going deaf as well.  I just was not expecting to have to stay on it but can see now that is the case.  Bit like mortein.

I wonder if the tetracycline stops the incontinence?  do not know whether to try it and see or go to double doxy like Sarah.

Doxy does.  Interesting what Maz says about the tetra. 

Maz did you take the Biaxin with the tetracycline like we do the mino? Not understanding what you mean by 750mg  BID

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ buylowdrugs minocin expiration date’ is closed to new replies.