Home Forums General Discussion BP Not Going Down

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

Haven’t thought about mag def..what would be a good supplement brand?

The BP dropped after taking that additional dose. Prior to yesterday BP was high 130s/90…

I’m seeing heart doctor because of random palpitation I get and pounding heart beat that is there all day long.

worldofme
    Participant

I’m just trying to wrap my head around all this. I was perfect b
    Prior to reactive arthritis. Now I am seeing so many doc just to figure what all these symptoms are.

I’m trying my best to keep my health insane but I’m losing my mind here.

On top of that I think humira helped a lot with spine and muscle pain but may have aggravated my heart symptoms.

I don’t want my reactive arthritis linked to heart condition.

Not sure why my arthritis is so chronic and agressive. It goes away for most folks with hlab 27 negative.

I been to so many docs to find the bug / treatment / abx etc…did everything and still arthritis progresses along with host of other symptoms. Why?

Linda L
    Participant

Worldofme,
    Don’t give up. There are many of us like you who suffer a lot. We all try everything or what we think is best for us.
    I take Magnesium citrate by NOW.
    Linda L

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Spiffy

You probably need to check your HLA pattern to see if you have the DR2 or DR4. If you do not have these, you should be very happy. You are more likely to develop RA with one of these. It might give you confidence to find out you do not. I wish I didn’t. Do not listen to people who tell you to quit worrying you know your body best.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

I love Magnesium Calm. I have very few sleep disturbances now. BP is better. No muscle twitches. And the list goes on and on. I take about 2 teaspoons a night with Bone Strength Take Care New Chapter calcium. Much fewer heart palpitations, too. 80% of Americans are deficient. I have taken it well over a year and am right in the middle of normal levels. My body uses it right up. Totally recommend it.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

worldofme
    Participant

What is hla dr2 or dr4?

Mag calm where do u buy it from?

Spiffy

I buy it at the Vitamin Shoppe. It has helped me so much. The DR4 is short for death receptor 4. It is your Human Leukocyte Antigen. It is how your immune system is able to fight all it needs to. If you have a mutation here you are missing the correct antibodies/enzymes to fight off certain infections such as Lyme and mold. It is very commonly coupled with the DQ2 or the DQ8 which are the celiac genes. For example with mold…I have the DR4 so when my immune system sees mold it cannot take a picture of it, store it in memory, and fight it off next time. I lack the proper antibody response. So my body feels like there is an invader, but has not been given the proper tools to fight appropriately. So instead, my immune system can go haywire looking for something to work. This is just one example. The DR4 people are also those with chronic Lyme. Same reason. If I could give back any of my mutations, it would definitely be the DR4.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

jasregadoo

I sometimes take Calm also. It is a magnesium supplement in powder form. I’ve bought it at Whole Foods and Sprouts, if you have either of those near you. I’ve also bought it via Amazon. A word of caution…Magnesium is a solution to constipation, so if you take too much Calm powder, it can give you diarrhea. Start with a very small dose and go from there.

jasregadoo

Also, If I remember correctly, you don’t want to take Magnesium too close to your Minocycline/Doxycycline. I know you’re off abx for the moment, but for future reference.

Spiffy

Yes, I wait at least 2 to 2 1/2 hours after antibiotics. I also keep berberine and probiotics away…actually try to take your antibiotic on an empty stomach and wait the time above is great. Also take some kind of anti yeast on your days off. Candida can give you a lot of these symptoms. Also…very important…find methyl folate and methyl b12. Your body needs not to have to worry about having to make fake folic acid useable right now. You may want to find out your MTHFR status. I can almost guarantee your methylation cycle is gunked up. Yes, you can study the different forms of magnesium. I need the citrate because I have a tendency towards constipation. If you have a tendency towards the looser end…you may go with another type. Just make sure that you are eliminating well and daily. I also use chlorella as a binder of toxins. This seems to be working very well and adds extra iron in a natural form to my diet. Magnesium also calms your nerves and helps you sleep. Magnesium is like one of my best friends!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

worldofme
    Participant

I just want to say that after missing my upcoming humIra shot I have had no shortness of breath. My chest x ray and echo both clear. So doc don’t know what the shortness of breath was from.

But I haven’t had an episode since 4 days now. My last shot of humira was 3 weeks ago

My back and spine is in real bad pain. I know realize how much that drug helped for spine pain..

I don’t want to fuse my spine but again humira doesn’t come without paying for its side effect.

worldofme
    Participant

Of course doc doesn’t think shortness of breath is related to humira but anxiety.

Also, lupus testing came back negative along with entire arthritis panel.

PhilC
    Participant

I don’t want to fuse my spine but again humira doesn’t come without paying for its side effect.

If Humira doesn’t agree with you, then you may want to ask your rheumatologist if you can try Enbrel® (etanercept).

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

worldofme
    Participant

Wouldn’t allergic reaction to one biologic mean allergic to all of them?

PhilC
    Participant

Wouldn’t allergic reaction to one biologic mean allergic to all of them?

That’s a rather big assumption.

There’s also an oral TNF-alpha inhibitor that you could take every day that is safer than the biologics. But it is not as strong and probably would not be enough by itself. The drug is called pentoxifylline (Pentoxil). Unfortunately, it is unlikely that your rheumatologist would prescribe it without some strong convincing. Perhaps if you showed him this abstract, he would consider prescribing it.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.