Home Forums General Discussion Borax Cure For RA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    LifeAboutChange
    Participant

One can become quite obessed looking for cures, but at the same time it can be rewarding and very educational as well. I the learning I have gained over the last 20months has been great.

I don’t know how many of you have come across the above articles and supposed cure using Borax. Here is one article about it, but google can find more. http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

From reading it, some makes sense from a science put of view also the they talk about the Herxing effect. The cure though unlike AP can be shortened. In the right dosage it is not harmful so I am thinking of trying it along with the many other things I am trying and see if it does work. If one read and believed all on the internet one would be crazy, however if one also believed and read what the medical industry say about a cure for this, which is nothing! One would would more crazy so the rabbit hole is quite deep and dark at times but one fat has given us all to venture into.

How are others opinions or even experience on this?

Reactive Arthritis, since June 2015.
    Current Meds: Been on Minocin 200mg daily since November 2016, now on M/W/F 200mg AP.

Supplements Daily: 2 caps Krill Oil, 20mg Astaxanthin, 10IU Vitamin D3, 1g NAC, 24mg of boron a day.

Alternative: Periodic use of home made collodial silver 150ml daily. TCM herbs to target infection, heat and inflammation. Acupuncture to relieve pressure and release heat. 2tbs of organic coconut oil. Oral form of essential oils frankincense and oregano. Topical form of e

Spiffy1

I have studied boron. I do believe it is helpful for arthritis. But I always have to study my supplements and how they affect breast health. From what I have read, boron and breasts do not go together too well. Perhaps because it competed with other necessary nutrients, but I will study it further.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

PhilC
    Participant

Be careful with boron. It causes an increase in estrogen (and testosterone to some extent), which may or may not be a good thing. Back in 2003 I took 3 mg of boron (as Cal-Mag-Boron) every day for about a month, but had to stop because I started growing breasts. I hadn’t had any problems (that I know of) when I was getting 150 mcg of boron daily in a multivitamin, but 3 mg was apparently too much. Since then, I’ve strictly avoided all supplements that contain any amount of boron because it seems that I am now sensitive to even small amounts of it.

Some studies that mention the effect of boron on sex hormones:

The effect of boron supplementation on its urinary excretion and selected cardiovascular risk factors in healthy male subjects.

Biochemical and physiologic consequences of boron deprivation in humans.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

There seems to be some interesting studies on it for a faster and more effective cure for RA, no body has tried here and found the success claimed on these articles?

LAC

Current Meds: Been on Minocin 200mg daily since November 2016, now on M/W/F 200mg AP.

Supplements Daily: 2 caps Krill Oil, 20mg Astaxanthin, 10IU Vitamin D3, 1g NAC, 24mg of boron a day.

Alternative: Periodic use of home made collodial silver 150ml daily. TCM herbs to target infection, heat and inflammation. Acupuncture to relieve pressure and release heat. 2tbs of organic coconut oil. Oral form of essential oils frankincense and oregano. Topical form of e

Trudi
    Participant

Hi LAC–
    I used Borax Water for about 1 1/2 years. Both muscle testing and electro-dermal screening OK’d the use. Currently Dr. Klinghardt is using it in his Lyme protocol according to my current practitioner. I used 1/16 of tsp. borax to 1 quart of water (because of my size); 5 days on 2 days off. A most dramatic improvement came when 8 warts on the bottom of my left foot disappeared. I did nothing else and my LLMD had no clue what to do. Borax is a potent anti-fungal!!

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

karin1013
    Participant

I have tried 3 mg Borax for about a month (along with AP). I was crying about everything! Apparently it did increase my estrogen and made me super emotional. I had to stop. I couldn’t tell a lot of difference with the RA. Maybe a little.

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

The conclusion, at least from this forum, most believe it doesn’t work and increases estrogen levels.

Trudi – you seem be currently the only with positive results. I am eager to learn more. Did this give you a 100% sure and how long did the cure last for after you stopped using it?

LAC

Debbie star
    Participant

Hi, yes I have tried doing the borax.
    I had to have a bone density scan post menopausal. (I had a prolia injection as I had low bone density problem)..and then it came up that my parathyroid reading was high.
    Now Ive had to see an Endocrinologist. He expalined that the prolia stops your body from getting calcium out of the bones. It then tries to take it from the stomach. He said that in scleroderma people our gut is compromised and the body cant get enough calcium so it will take it out of the parathyroid.
    I didnt know I had a high reading of the parathyroid. I had started taking 3mg a day of boron. My test went up to 14.9 after the prolia injection now it is back in the normal range one month after using boron.
    (I am fairly certain that this is from the boron and borax as I monitor everything carefully).
    Also I have two calcinosis lumps one on each knee and I really think these have decreased in size also.

I have had a lot of trouble taking the antibiotics and trying to get my inflammation markers down.
    They have also come down somewhat since taking the borax and boron
    You need to take magnesium as well

I am just seeing what results I get so I can share with others

It also works very well for candida

Trudi
    Participant

Hi LAC–
    The posts have reminded me of borax and the role of estrogen. Yes, it did do away with my hot flashes and I have not gotten them back. I also took the borax treatment to strengthen my bones; however, I never had them tested. I am not good in this standpoint. The last time I had bloodwork done was in 4/2012.

The borax helped, but not in my ability to walk. My practitioner has told me it works for Lyme. I may go back to it; it certainly didn’t hurt me.

It is too bad that I cannot come up with the thread started by “Nora” regarding the borax. It was very informative and I, and others, eventually had the courage to use it and wrote about our experience with it. Nora could not walk prior to borax and baking soda. She did afterwards. I wasn’t as lucky. I am now in a wheelchair. Not sure if it is fluoroquinolone or Lyme damage or both :(.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Trudi
    Participant

Hi LAC–
    I put “borax, Nora” into the search box and came up with this website: https://www.roadback.org/forums/search/borax+Nora/. There were 15 posts to the thread. I think you will find it interesting.
    Take care,
    Trudi

PhilC
    Participant

One can become quite obessed looking for cures, but at the same time it can be rewarding and very educational as well. I the learning I have gained over the last 20months has been great.

Here’s something else for you to look into: Bee venom therapy (BVT)

It’s the most promising complementary treatment that I know of. People have gone into long-term remission thanks to bee venom therapy. BVT apparently works for all “autoimmune” diseases, even multiple sclerosis.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Debbie star
    Participant

Hi Trudi, if you are out there could you give me another link soI can read Noras story re the borax please?
    I clicked on the links but was unable to see her story.. Hope you or someone gets this message ok..
    Phil I checked out the bee venom therapy.. looks promising.. but would be better if it came ready for us in a bottle!! lol

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Thanks all for the notes on Borax. I have ordered some Boron and will begin a daily dosage of 6mg (2 tablets daily) to see how it goes and may increase in time. I am of course also concerned about the estrogen increase as would not be appropriate to be crying all the time. I have read countless articles about the benefits and will let you all know if indeed I see some positive results.

Thanks for the BVT also Phil. Yes it can all become quite obsessive but at the same time rewarding. I am in the health industry as a profession and this all allows me to learn more and help others. I have also made great changes in my spiritual and emotional state as I highly believe some RA is a symptom of blockages in emotions and fears. Here is a good article about it and actually the metaphysical reason explained here is almost identical of some emotional stresses I am dealing with in daily life: https://ravenstarshealingroom.wordpress.com/2009/08/15/metaphysically-understanding-arthritis/

I also read a GREAT book about curing RA and in the book by “Arthritis” by Phil Escot he said his biggest healing occurred when he dealt with some blocked emotions he had towards his mother. Almost immediately he dealt with that blockage and freed up more using Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) his had 100% remission on his shoulders. The rest of cure came with diet, especially leaky gut such diets, but his biggest improvement came from emotional blockages that he freed.

LAC

Debbie star
    Participant

Thankyou for mentioning the emotional and metaphysical issues associated with sickness. I also believe that this can be blockages.I really look forward to reading your link tomorrow. I have included the eft for about 6 months now too. I also believe that the whole journey is very much a spiritual one. I have never studied so much on health as I have over these last years and quite enjoyed having myself as my own “guinea pig”, hopefully so I may help others (somehow has been a way of coping too I guesss)

Debbie star
    Participant

Hi again LAC, what exactly is “reactive athritis”??
    My friend just sent me a message saying she has it
    I have scleroderma

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.