Home Forums General Discussion Bone Marrow Edema

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MLTelfer
    Participant

Had an MRI ordered because I read that axial disease in PSA starts at the bottom of the back and works its way up the spine. I also read that disease doesn’t appear on xrays until 10 years into progression. The MRI showed moderate bone marrow edema, which is a precursor to joint damage. I think it might be time for biologics.

marypart
    Participant

My son’s issues started with lower back pain, but the biggest axial factor was in the chest where the ribs touch the sternum. He also had a lot of enthesitis which turns out to be an early sign of AS, Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Does your son have a lot of axial issues? If so, you might check out kickas.org

Healing the gut is a big part of getting the inflammation down. My son went gluten-free, dairy free, and mostly starch free for the first six months. Basically a paleo diet with lots of good oils and supplements to heal the intestines. Also lots of probiotics.

Does Dr. F prescribe any antibiotics that focus on inflammatory bowel and intestinal mucosal infections? My son took oral vancomycin to fight those kinds of infections.

I don’t know a lot about psoriatic arthritis… does it usually have spinal involvement?

Mary

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.