Home Forums General Discussion BEYOND TIRED

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    emmaline
    Participant

I saved the lemon recipe… Thanks.
    I cannot take benadryl. Had a horrible reaction last summer when I took it because I had missed two days of zyrtec and my belly was itching horribly. I felt like I was having a psychotic episode and going insane. Very weird, so I’ll stick with the lemon mixture. I was fascinated to read last night in The New Arthritis Breakthrough that aspirin will start working again with AP. That’s wonderful news. There’s so much info that I have to read it all again.

Spiffy

How funny! I am anxiously awaiting my copy in the mail any day. It seems it has taken forever! I woke up with an itchy roun circle rash on my hand. I came in contact with something I am allergic to. I have got to heal this gut! I hope giving up wheat, dairy, and eggs will help!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

I swell right up if I eat poorly. I had a few licks of my son’s ice cream cone yesterday and today I’m paying for it… Very swollen everywhere. My feet hurt to stand and I’m presenting my graduate research in a few hours… Think anyone will care if I wear my favorite slippers? Ha ha. I’ll be fine. Just keep smiling through it!
    I don’t have The Infection Connection. Is that one a must read?

Spiffy

I just called the doc and was told my igg for dairy was now in the 70’s. It was in the 50’s a few short weeks ago. I find it odd that it has gotten worse instead of better seeing that I have not eaten dairy in awhile. Also, this blows my mind…I have been taking about 140% of magnesium everyday for several months. I was worried I was getting too much. Well, it is still 3.8 just like it was before. Why on earth has it not changed? I am still awaiting my Lyme test from Igenex. I do know the bugs love magnesium. However, I still feel like I will be negative for it, except for band 18 and 41 igg.

Emmaline, note to self….no dairy before presentations! Get you some almond milk ice cream. It is actually really good! I sure am gonna miss milk though.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

That was one of the things that has bugged me the most. The more items I cut out of my darn diet, the more I find I have a reaction to them. I’ve said a couple times, “that’s it. I’m not giving anything up anymore!” Obviously we know sugar is bad, and sugar combined with fats is really bad. So I try to eat as close to nature as I can… the more natural and good stuff we put in our bodies and the less bad we put in, the better we feel. But it’s not enough to just eat the right things, and that is why we are here to support each other going through one of the hardest battles for our lives that is so misunderstood. If having one piece of dark chocolate a few days a week is why I’m still sick, then I am missing something HUGE.
    So I talked to a woman today who told me about a lady she knows here in Wisconsin who just in the last year was ninety percent better from her RA symptoms after using AP and she was in a wheelchair. She was treated within the first year, but still Very encouraging!

Linda L
    Participant

If you are allergic to dairy can you drink goat milk?
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Spiffy

I had originally hoped so. I had switched to Myerburg goat milk and loved it. But, unfortunately, all dairy in any form has to go…including whey. I thought I would really miss it, but when I know I am going to have hives…it takes the fun away. The hardest allergy to deal with is egg. Gluten free is easy because there are so many replacements. Dairy is easy ….replace with almond or coconut milk. But egg is hard to replace in baking/cooking. If I can outgrow any allergy…I am hoping fo egg. Today is the day to buy organic lemons. I am a little confused though because they say arthritics should stay away from citrus. I know lemons neutralize the body though. But I will probably not mix with orange juice. Not sure.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

Emmaline, I hope everything went well yesterday. I had your tired in bunny slippers and fuzzy robe. Leg us know how you are doing. I was very tired yesterday. I hope I have more energy today. Seems like it never comes together at one time.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

I just re read my post to you. I had meant to write….I have you pictured wearing bunny slippers…..not tired! How funny!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

Very achy due to the cold and damp weather, but I took one ibuprofen and it helped. Hope you are having a good day.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I just re read my post to you. I had meant to write….I have you pictured wearing bunny slippers…..not tired! How funny!

spiffy – for future reference, you can edit your own posts. Just look top right and click on edit.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Spiffy

Oh, thank you! Sometimes my auto spell checker hurts as well as it helps. Weirdly enough, my ankle gave me not much trouble at all today, but I am afraid I am having heel pain on the underside. I have been hoping that my left heel has been sore because of how I have compensated for the ankle. But even though my left heel is more achy than my right I do feel it on both sides even if slightly. I looked it up and it looks like plantar fasciitis. They said the most common reason is overuse…or something more serious like arthritis. I wish all my symptoms did not come with the…oh, it also could be caused by something more serious like arthritis. It follows me around like a shadow. I miss the good ol days when I did not have to worry about pain!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

I wanted to check in and say I’m doing well. I actually feel pretty good and not tired like I was before. I am now taking Mino first thing in the AM and waiting 2 hours to eat. Thanks for the help!

Spiffy

I have been thinking about you. I just swallowed mine. I just finished reading Scammel’s book. Wow. Now, I will start on Poelhman’s book the Infection Connection. The forward is by a doc who is an hour from my house. If my ra factor does not continue down I will definitely go visit him. She mentions him a lot in the book.but I also think I have a leaky gut because of my past history. I wonder how that plays a part along with infection. Scammel’s book hardly mentions diet. I am so appreciative of Dr. Brown. My dad had primary pulmonary hypertension. Now, I wonder what part mycoplasma played in his case. Maybe the lowly antibiotic would have helped him, too.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

How are you?

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.