Home Forums General Discussion BEYOND TIRED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    emmaline
    Participant

I started Mino Monday 100mg… took it before bed. Horrible stomach pain yesterday with fatigue. Today I’m just so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open and my whole body feels heavy. I know these are side effects, but do I need to lower my dose already or just take it easy? I feel drunk and I’m slurring my speech… I don’t feel safe to drive. I only took one! Any suggestions? This is how I felt when my Dr. took me off of Doxy last summer because he was afraid it was hurting me, but it’s too soon to be “killing off my mitochondria.” I can’t think straight. Please help, I’m feeling scared and desperate. I have a little 4 year old boy to take care of.

Spiffy

Emmaline, I am just now getting this. I will say a prayer for your night tonight. Did you drink it with a lot of water and not lie down for awhile? Remember, there are other antibiotics besides the tetras such as the myacins. So do not panic over AP therapy. I know you worry about taking another dose. You could break it in half and try small increments. It does not sound like an allergic reaction I don’t think. It could be that your body just needs some extra rest after doing your project. I also know the stomach virus is going around. Also, remember that you can take it with food if needed. Many people cannot and should not do otherwise. Have you had your iGG food allergies tested? If not, this is a must. Do this right away! Find something funny to watch or read and find a hot bath. You are not alone! Go to Amazon and look up The New Arthritis Breakthrough and read the comments. Inspiring. Then there are those that have achieved remission through diet alone. Hang in there! Summer is coming!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

jasregadoo

I felt as sick as a dog when I started, exausted and sick to my stomach and worn out, and I reduced my dose. I remember reading that some people start out at 50mg 1x a day, MWF. Can you cut yours in half? Mine are capsules, so I can’t easily make them smaller.

emmaline
    Participant

They are capsules, so I can’t do a half exactly…Thanks for the emotional support, Spiffy. Laughter is essential. I think I just need to relax. I’ve been putting a lot of pressure on myself and I need to clear of my schedule. I did lie down right after I took it. I think I’ll call tomorrow for 50mg script and open the capsule and take half tonight. Thank you!

Spiffy

I have heard the tablets are better than capsules but I cannot remember why. Sometimes, I wish we could get our hands on the real thing…not generic. Go to bed, Sleepyhead!

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

Okay, I’ll see if I can get tablets. I do have iGg food allergies… Wheat, Gluten, casein. Night night.

Linda L
    Participant

emmaline,
    Never take Mino /as other ABX/ before bed. I had this reaction once and now I take it in the morning and at 6 pm latest. You need to move around after taking it.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

emmaline
    Participant

Okay, thank you Linda. I will take it in the morning from now on.

Spiffy

How is your day today? It seems like my between antibiotic days I am more tired and achy than on my med days. It is funny how I am having a good elbow day today, and my ankle is doing okay…but I still baby it and limp a little. However, I have a new pain sensation in my right wrist area. Totally brand new. Only hurts when I make certain movements. So is this progression of disease or is this the Mino working? Would I feel better with more antibiotic? Oh, this really would be interesting if it were not so serious! It is like the grand guessing game? Please let us know how you are.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

Well I did take Mino last night before bed, but I’ll start taking it in the morning from now on. I feel better today… Still tired and not able to concentrate well, but not like yesterday. My stomach is fine today, too! Sorry to hear about your right wrist. I have days when both shoulders, elbows, and wrists feel so stiff, like I’m in a straight jacket. It’s an icky feeling. But maybe it is a sign of progress. How many days have you been on it now?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

spiffy
    I think you have been on mino for around 2 weeks?

If yes, time-wise, it is likely that you are beginning a herxheimer reaction. This is different for everyone, so it’s hard to be definitive about this. Mine started at about the 2 week mark and then travelled around my body. I document this in my 2007 testimonial (link to this in my signature). I know you were on doxy before but herx responses tend to happen whenever there is a change in regimen or dose.

p.s. You might consider putting some information in your signature so that you don’t have to keep repeating information. And it will help people respond to your particular situation. To do this, click on user control panel (above left), then profile, then edit signature. Put in information (250 character limit) then click submit. You can do this each time you want to update information.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Spiffy

Thanks, Lynnie! I Appreciate your help with the signature. With your help I did figure it out. I just have not taken the time. Will do! I just got The Infection Connection by Dr. Poelhman in the mail. I have been calling out spelling words, with my nose in the book. It is so interesting! I noticed in the forward there was a quote from Dr. M. In Kensington, Md. He has his own radio show and gets 5 stars. I may just have to track him down. Yes, Lynnie, I stayed up late one night reading your history. I have so much respect for you! You are an AMAZING individual and I am so glad our paths have crossed.

Emmaline, in the new book I am reading it says to help with herx reactions to take a Benadryl at least 30 minutes before the antibiotic dose or drink one blended lemon, 1 cup fruit juice, 1 T olive oil…strain and drink the liquid. It would be better if it said to drink a glass of wine….ha! Could not find that one….there is your laugh for tonight!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

this is recipe for whole lemon and olive drink and the rationale for it – as a de-toxer

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Spiffy

So would this be a good drink to rink several days of the week? Have you tried it?

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

Oh, my! I am loving this recipe! I love that it says it can help you gain weight. I am off to the store for lemons tomorrow! Thanks so much for taking the time to share!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.