Home Forums General Discussion Better Health Guy Interviews Authors of “Chronic” Book

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Scott Forsgren, the Better Health Guy, interviews co-authors of the book “Chronic, The Hidden Cause of the Autoimmune Pandemic and How to Get Well Again.”

Scott says,

“Why You Should Listen

In this episode, you will learn about the autoimmune pandemic and how microbes are often at the core of autoimmune conditions.”

Episode #139: Autoimmune Pandemic with Dr. Steven Phillips, MD and Dana Parish

TrustingGod
    Participant

Thank you for sharing. Great video.

TrustingGod
    Participant

In the book and video, the natural supplements he recommends are a specific formulation of monolaurin, Dead Sea salt baths, and oil of oregano. Has anyone tried any of these? I just ordered the monolaurin and Dead Sea salt. I am hesitating on the oil of oregano. Dr. Weil doesn’t recommend it.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi TG,

Do you mean Dr. Andrew Weil and does he say why he doesn’t recommend it? Is he your doctor?

I gather that both monolaurin and oil of oregano can pack a significant punch in terms of herxing.

I really enjoyed the video, as well! Dr. P. was my doc for 5 years until he became ill (described in the interview and book).

TrustingGod
    Participant

I refer to Dr. Weil’s website before trying new supplements. He is not my doctor. He says that there is not a lot of evidence for oil of oregano, and does not recommend people ingesting it. I will start off slow with the monolaurin because of herx concerns. I will need to look at the video again but there was mention of a Hopkins formulation for oil of oregano.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi TG,

Yes my doc has used Hopkinton Drug in MA for compounding and physician grade compounded supps. I’ll PM the link to their Oregano oil though I’ve not tried it myself.

TrustingGod
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Dr. Phillips was very expensive. I will try Dead Sea salt and monolaurin first.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.