Home Forums General Discussion Best generic Minocycline

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sandrabil
    Participant

Hello, I got my RA diagnosis 2 months ago and decided to try AP treatment right away. Since I was diagnosed early, I had very high hopes to slow down the progression of the disease.Already got a prescription and started protocol today.
    However, after extensively reading this forum, I realized that there are many manufacturers of Minocycline. To my biggest disappointment, the brand that worked the best Minocin is off the market since 2018… Seems like it’s a struggle to find the right generic brand that works. I am wondering if successful outcomes were only possible with brand Minocin? Can anyone recommend a generic brand that really works? I already read that the AUTOBINDO manufacturer that I got from Walgreens is not reputable and going to switch. Thank you.

redrock
    Participant

I’m sorry you haven’t gotten a response. I just checked back into this group from after a while. I was on the brand Minocin for many years til it was discontinued. During that time I achieved a normal ANA Centromere pattern of 1:40 after being at 1:1280 prior to treatment. After I could no longer get the brand Mino I went through a series of generics and my ANA went back up to 1:1280. I was never able to achieve a normal ANA on the generics and eventually gave up. I think some others might have suggestions. I’ve heard you have to just keep trying and sew what works. You could try Torrent, Par, or Teva if they are still available. I’m currently not taking anything.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.