Home Forums General Discussion Bernie Mac Passes Away

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Sadly, comedian and actor, Bernie Mac, passed away yesterday. Apparently, he's been in 'remission' from sarcoidosis since 2005 and was hospitalised with an 'unrelated' pneumonia. What's perhaps most sad about this is that no infectious connection seems to be being made with this at all. 🙁

Here's one medical point of view from a guy calling himself “Kevin, M.D.”

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2008/08/bernie-mac-pneumonia-and-sarcoidosis.html

Peace, Maz

lauram
    Participant

Or sad that no connection with his probably hammered immune system from toxic meds made him unable to fight it. Kind've like the guy in a town I lived in with RA who died from chicken pox at 40.

Elijuh
    Participant

YUP!  My father just died 4 days ago from the shingles.  They had him on massive doses of cortef.  He wouldn't listen to me so I just stopped talking about AP to him.

I loved Bernie Mac!

Blessings!

Elijuh

:crying:

lauram
    Participant

Elizabeth,

I am so sorry about your father's death. I know this is a difficult time. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

laura

JBJBJB
    Participant

Maz,

It was very sad. Was he also on AP?

Here it said, ” Bernie Mac had a prolonged hospital stay, suggesting that he did not initially respond well to antibiotic therapy.”

Could AP build up the antibiotic resistance in his case, creating a super bug? I am just wondering it out loud.

JB

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Here it said, ” Bernie Mac had a prolonged hospital stay, suggesting that he did not initially respond well to antibiotic therapy.”

Hi JB,

I took that to mean that he was put on high doses of antibiotics while in hospital and perhaps had a massive herx or hypersensitivity reaction in response. The thing about “remission” is that it is just that…the bugs are still there and living symbiotically with us. If chlamydia pneumoniae or myco pneumoniae was at the root of his sarcoidosis and one of his primary pea soup offenders, it may have just been smouldering for years under the surface. “Remission” in this context could have meant he reached remission on steroids, etc…so these organisms were just being suppressed enough until the underlying infection exploded into existence. I can't help but wonder if he just received too high a dose of antibiotics for his pneumonia and the resulting die-off was just too much. I don't know, JB…just speculation on my part, but I doubt he was on AP. 🙁

Peace, Maz

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=368]Elijuh[/user] wrote:

My father just died 4 days ago from the shingles. 

Eli, my deepest, heartfelt condolences for your great loss. You'll also be in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Bernie Mac Passes Away’ is closed to new replies.