Home Forums General Discussion bee sting sensation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi. Ive had a dozen or so episodes of a bee sting sensation in my right thigh hip area. It is very painful and only lasts a second but sometimes comes back multiple times over several hours. It is so painful I cry out because it catches me off guard often when sleeping. Does anyone know what this could be? I have dermatomyositus and it us in the same area where I have had a long term rash.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

I have experienced the same thing occasionally. More often, though, it was a less painful form that felt like I was being bitten by an insect. This phenomenon is called paresthesia. It should happen less frequently as time goes on.

For people like us, a likely cause is inflammation:

Irritation to the nerve can also come from inflammation to the tissue. Joint conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and carpal tunnel syndrome are common sources of paresthesia.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paresthesia

Phil

P.S. Unfortunately, it appears that you were one of the members who were deleted yesterday (by accident, no doubt). In case you haven’t figured it out yet, you will need to re-register.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.