Home Forums General Discussion bandages for scleroderma

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    April15533
    Participant

So, i developed an infection on the outside of my right first digit next to the nail. it was mostly just sore initially. I banged it a few times made it sensitive to touch then one day the top layer of skin opened. Still not an open ulcer yet. I buy tube cloth bandage to put on it. 2 layers was best. Any more was too much pressure on the finger. Never would stay on. Then I got that new tape that sticks to itself and made a cast like form that was a little tighter closer to the palm. It gives it more cushion. but can rub the sore too much.
    So what solutions do others find best. what lotions do you use on your potential ulcers?

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Hi April,
    Sorry to hear you’re suffering with that. We use our hands for everything. It’s so dreadful when every interaction with an object brings pain.
    Are you on an antibiotic protocol?
    My hand skin issues, while I never had ulcers, have gotten a lot better since starting AP. Most days I can hold things like cutlery without any pain.
    So hopefully if you’re on AP you will get to that point as well.

In the meantime, I hope someone who has experienced hand ulcers can provide some insight.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

April15533
    Participant

No idea when I will start IV or Mino. The Dr office is in flux. No one else close by that I have found near Bedford PA. Hopefully soon. I am confident that the IV/mino treatment will be fabulous

April15533
    Participant

Ya, going thru that stage now. Got foam insulation on my door handles.
    Cold all the time now also.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.