Home Forums General Discussion Back and feeling overwhelmed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ellie6
    Participant

I feel like si have hit a wall and not sure what to do. I have a history of Lyme, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and hashimotos. I developed a vocal tremor with spasmodic dysphonia 2 yrs ago. I have had two severe bouts of costochondritis in the last few months and my Rheumy is pushing entrepreneurs. I am just so afraid of turning off my immune system.

In the past I have had reduced or little to no joint pain while on rifaximin, low dose erythromycin, Zithromax all prescribed for other reasons. My Nurse Practitioner doesn’t feel humira would be good for me but supports my decision. She feels I should either go after the Lyme once again or the gut.

Truth is I’m tired….the thought of going back on heavy duty antibiotics, dealing with herxes, GI upset etc is so overwhelming.

Interestingly enough when I was put on rifaximin my vocal tremor cleared up temporarily. The only other medication which has helped my vocal tremor is Benadryl due to it being an anticholinergic.

I really have no idea what to do.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Ellie, I can’t tell you what to do because I am just a fellow patient. I wanted to reach out to you because you mentioned being tired and feeling overwhelmed. I so get that. I suspect we all do here. I went through “the road back to remission twice.” Once when I discovered AP and had to fight to get seen by a doctor. The second time when my pharmacy changed generics on me that caused me to go out of remission and then I had to go through the whole herx process again – after more fighting etc… with my pharmacy (long story). The point is…I get it.

Whatever you choose to do or not do, know this…your health is worth it. Your ultimate health…you being as healthy as you can be is worth it. No matter what choice you make – health is worth fighting for. YOU are worth fighting for.

I’m sure others will chime in here with ideas, input etc…as to the “what and how.” I just want to address your “why”. You are the reason “why” and you are worth fighting for.

Hang in there. You got this…even if you’re tired today…know that you still have this…and tomorrow is another day. Keep us posted, ok?

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

ellie6
    Participant

Thanks so much. Feeling very tears tonight from all this. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.