Home Forums General Discussion azithromycin side effect

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alsn13
    Participant

I am having dysgeusia I think after taking azithromycin for 5 months..
    I can’t taste salt and sugar well..
    Anyone having this problem? I am not taking azithromycin now since Sept 17th, as my doc said to not take it to see..
    I am very worried that I might not be able to taste the food right forever..
    It has been 10 days since I have not taken the med, but it feels like I am not tasting the food right more and more.. (almost no taste for salt and sugar)
    Or is it side effect for minocycline? I am taking it for twice a day.
    I am very worried.. will my taste be back?

Spiffy1

My taste was always altered taking Zithromax and it always came back.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

alsn13
    Participant

Hi Stiffy1,

How long did it take your taste to come back?
    I have taken azithromycin for about 5 months and it has been about 11 days since I have not taken it but I can’t still taste the food right..

Spiffy1

Thankfully, I only took the 5 day pack each time and my taste was restored after several days of stopping. I could see five months taking longer respectively. Do not give up hope.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.