Home Forums General Discussion Australian Emu Oil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    enzed
    Participant

I have scleroderma. I have found pure Australian Emu Oil very successful at reducing pain from osteoarthritis and tissue/muscle pain. I buy mine online from Talyala Emu Farm but other Australian websites also sell emu oil. I just smooth the oil on the sore parts and the pain goes. It lasts several hours. I also use their lip balm for scleroderma. Two years ago my lower lip almost disappeared and my mouth got smaller and it hurt to smile because of skin thickening. I used the lip balm for several weeks and my lower lip reappeared, albeit looking a bit ‘bumpy’. I also took emu oil capsules for a time but found I had to take too many pills so stopped taking those. I broke open the capsules and used the oil topically instead so as not to waste the capsules. Very dry skin is no longer dry and I attribute the improvement to the emu oil.

cavalier
    Participant

Hi am sorry you have SD too – Emu oil is great and thanks for the info on the lips have not tried that one. Besides Emu oil the thicker oils seem to absorb in more & I avoid any mineral oil – but I also like Castor oil & it is a good detox as well – you can put some on the area of where the liver is at & then use plastic saran wrap over it & then put on your PJ’s for bed & it helps somewhat to keep your clothes & bedding from the oil – once can wrap the feet like this too & put your socks on – it has been a god send for my dry skin and one more cheap way to detox. A old farmers trick. Just in case you were not aware of this.

Jill

enzed
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

Hi am sorry you have SD too – Emu oil is great and thanks for the info on the lips have not tried that one. Besides Emu oil the thicker oils seem to absorb in more & I avoid any mineral oil – but I also like Castor oil & it is a good detox as well – you can put some on the area of where the liver is at & then use plastic saran wrap over it & then put on your PJ’s for bed & it helps somewhat to keep your clothes & bedding from the oil – once can wrap the feet like this too & put your socks on – it has been a god send for my dry skin and one more cheap way to detox. A old farmers trick. Just in case you were not aware of this.

Jill

Thanks for the oil tips Jill. I’ve also used organic coconut oil and read somewhere that both emu oil and coconut oil both transport medications through the skin, so when rubbing Rectogesic on fingers – to open blood vessels, I put a little oil on first to get the Rectogesic to absorb. It seems to work quickly and is effective to get blood circulating again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.