Home Forums General Discussion Aurobindo Generic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jasregadoo

Hi All,

Yesterday I went to pick up my prescription for minocycline, and when I came home I discovered that the brand I was given this time was Aurobindo, when previously I have used Ranbaxy.

Since I did accept the prescription, I’m pretty sure I can’t return it, and will need to wait a month before getting another month’s worth.

Has anyone had good or bad results from Aurobindo? I did a search and found some folks say it wasn’t as good, but that was a couple of years ago, so I’m wondering if anyone has current information on this generic.

Thanks so much,

Julie

Calida
    Participant

Hi Julie,

So sorry I didn’t see your post until today….

I’ve been on Aurobindo for about 4 or 5 months and have been holding steady, thank goodness. I usually take only Teva brand but the Teva minocycline has been backordered for months. I’ve contacted Teva and had pharmacists from a major chain and a smaller local pharmacy trying to get Teva for me but neither had any luck. The company now says the Teva mino will not be available until October 22nd.

My doctor began the AP with azithromycin in April 2014 and didn’t add the minocycline until Novemeber 2014. Even before I started mino, I was doing great on the zith until the chain pharmacy I used substituted Apotex zith for the Teva brand exactly a year ago. Almost immediately, I regressed to a point worse than any I had reached before and it has taken almost until today to recover. I was on the Apotex for about 6 weeks before I realized the cause of my regression. To make matters worse, I found that Apotex azithromycin had been banned by the FDA since April of 2014. Apotex zith was no better than a placebo and probably worse.

Hope this helps!

Cali

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.