Home Forums General Discussion Augmentin duo forte with Doxylin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been put on augmentin duo forte tabs for two weeks for my broncheictasis and was advised to go off my Doxylin by my doctor. As I haven’t done this before, I am a bit nervous about doing this, any advice for me would be very helpful.

Thanks…….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

richie
    Participant

Hi This drug is not available in the US –Augmentin is but not the others –
    r

richie
    Participant

I noticed augmentin is very similar to amoxycillin in the US –its in the penicillin family –it doesnt really mix well with doxy or any other tetracycline –think you got got advice to go off doxy for a bit –
    richie

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Thank you Richie, was just a bit concerned about going off Doxylin for two weeks as I am doing so well with my RA at the moment and didn’t know if going off Doxylin would bring on a RA flare…………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Annie
    The tetracycliness (doxy is one) are known to reduce the effect of the penicillins – which is why your doctor will have suggested you don’t take the doxy whilst on Augmentin Duo. Mainly noted in the treatment of pneumococcal meningitis and strep, they cannot be sure whether it will adversely interfere with treatment of other acute infections, so tend to err on the side of caution.

Tetracyclines (bacteriostatic)

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Lynnie I have sent you a PM……….Annie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

answered your PM Annie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.